This title is kind of loaded.
I had an epiphany the other day: if God gave me this talent to draw and such, why am I hoarding it? I mean, until I was a sophomore or so, I didn't have ANY of my artwork. Why? I gave it all away. I would finish something that would remind me of someone and I would give it to them when I was done. I love to give almost as I love to create. I love to bring the paper to life, and I love to create smiles on faces. Sometimes I have a hard time accomplishing either ;)
Anyway, I hope that doesn't sound egotistical or anything, but I just love giving my stuff away.
I recently had a tug on my heart to give a certain piece I made with 2 hands holding a heart that is sewn onto it to my RA. She loves art and she has a homeless ministry called "His hands, His love" and from the first day she saw my work she said how my drawing reminded her of her ministry.
I was devastated when I felt the Lord telling me to part with it, as it was my favorite piece, but I felt like He was saying to me, "erin, I gave you this talent...why keep it for you? when was the last time you looked at that drawing? you could do it again, couldn't you?" and I knew it had to be done. I was at peace and she was so happy she cried :)
I love things like that.
I just started thinking that yeah, it's great to have a portfolio or whatever, but why keep it? So I've started either giving things away or selling them :)
Like this piece I put off for a year...it's a triptych (meaning it has 3 parts) and it's one of my favorite things EVER! But, alas, it was sold after the 1st piece was made. I'm selling it for $70ish to a teacher at CyCreek. Mrs. King, to be exact :) She used to be a dancer, so she loved it after I finished the first one.
I am very pleased :)
Thank you, God, for giving me this gift!
No comments:
Post a Comment