Thursday, April 1, 2010

Others have excuses

So I've come to a sad realization. I'm not really close to anyone I went to high school with/hung out with in high school. I mean, we're civil and we can talk and laugh, but I don't feel like we could go hang out for hours anymore. We're all different people. I know this is probably where everyone is all, "I'm no different than I was," but this is where I will also say you're lying. I tried so hard to fight against this natural separation, but it has suddenly overcome me. It's not that I think we're not friends, or that we should shun one another, but I think - for the most part - we have all moved on.

Now, I am very close to Lauren Smith now, but I don't think we actually started becoming so close until after school let out. Funny how that works.

Oh well. Such is life.
I think it's natural, but I never thought I'd be okay with it.

Time to spread our wings.

1 comment:

  1. But sometimes... you have people you don't see or talk to for ages and you laugh and it can all be ok again. The longest separation does no damage, no feelings are hurt if you don't stay in touch... then you come back together and BAM. Instant connection again.

    I have a couple of those and I love it. I don't feel bad when we don't talk for months then suddenly get back together.. because it's just good, lovely, peaceful, fun, etc.

    Also, I miss you. Been praying for you!! I'm going to try and convince my friend Mere to go home to Dallas and drop me off at your place!(: haha

    ReplyDelete