Oh my goodness. I have been so freaking tired lately. Like, I feel SO stupid in almost all of my classes because when I get really tired my eyes start crossing in an effort to keep them open (it's like my eye muscles vs will power haha) and so I just look all stupid...and probably a little under the influence - if ya catch my drift.
My apologies for not posting earlier, but I have been totally swamped. Seriously.
Things are changing like mad crazy for me. I'm getting a townhome for next year...so I won't be in the dorms as of June :D so that means I'll have a legit house for anyone wanting to come stay the weekend or something (especially over the summer because there will only be like 1 other person there all summer).
The Lord has been teaching me a lot lately. I learned that I need to better my relationship with Him before I'm even kind of close to being in a relationship with ANYONE...which I learned recently. So then I began to ponder exactly what it meant to be "right" with the Lord. The Lord spoke to me through Oswald Chambers.
I had been reading this devotional called "Streams in the Desert" and it was really tight and everything, but it was SO wordy and just trudged on. By the time I would read that day's devotion, I would be just too frazzled to pick up my Bible after reading that freaking NOVEL of a devotion. Anyway, so one night I find myself desperately seeking what the Lord was trying to teach me, and I decided that SITD just wasn't the devotional for me, so I jump up and begin the hunt for my "My Utmost for His Highest" book. I knew I had it somewhere...(mind you, this is all around 2am haha).
So I finally find it and open it to the 25th and read a line I will never, ever forget. It said, "The proof that our relationship is right with God is that we do our best whether we feel inspired or not."
I sat there with my jaw dropped in awe for about 5 minutes.
That was my message. I hadn't been giving my best in anything, and that needed to change. Whew, God is good.
Anyway, that's about all I have to say.
Here's what my crazy life will be like for the next few daysish
This week+end
Thurs: go to the doctor for a new inhaler
Fri: sign lease on townhome, get paid, potentially drive to Houston
Sat: I might be in Houston...hahah. so I'm going to the massive grad party :)
Sun: church, drive back to Dallas. write paper for DCM
finals begin next friday...whew. Almost done with Freshman year...
No comments:
Post a Comment