Saturday, September 4, 2010

Porcelain Heart

Life has been crazy lately. Not that it isn't always, but I'm ready for it to slow down...unfortunately, I don't see that happening in the foreseeable future.

Let's go one thing at a time, mkay?

School:
School started 2 weeks ago and I'm really enjoying it! I only have 4 classes this semester - PRAISE GOD. I just needed a break from killing myself last semester. I have Government, Christian Doctrine, Drawing and Intro to Computers. I despise the last one...I know everything they have to teach me. Seriously, this is such a dumb class. I had to start taking my laptop with me and working on the homework during class to stay awake. It was seriously painful trying to keep my eyes open in that stupid class. But I digress.
The other 3 are seriously awesome :) I love them. ANNNNND I'm keeping up with homework well :D
All of my classes start with prayer and some of them end with one as well. Also, all of my professors are cool with me having to go home every now and then to take care of Mom.

Townhome:
things are hilarious around there. We've have had a ball since the other roommates moved in. The upstairs girls - me, Amanda, Stefanie and Brittany - have so much fun. Also, Stef, Brittany and I all love to cook, so we're always cooking up something...them more than me, though because I don't have the time. It's awesome. I come home from work and they're all, "I made dinner!" I feel like a man in the 50's.

Home:
I have missed my parents so much. Mom is looking really good! Her swelling has gone down a lot and she sounds great for having had surgery on it a few months ago. She started radiation last week, which is making her a little itchy, but she's feeling fine still except for moments of exhaustion. Chemo starts Tuesday and I think we're all anxious. Scratch that, I know we're all anxious. People have been so great and supportive. I know my mom loves and cherishes every prayer, conversation, or anything else. She's awesome :)
Her cancer has been moved up to Stage 3 because it was in her lymph nodes, but we will beat this. If God is for us, who can be against us? Unfortunately, her self image is kind of bleh...I wish I could make her see that she is beautiful.

Work:
Work is neat, but also very crazy. I've learned that I am REALLY good at learning names. I remember the names of most students that go through our office...and we have quite a few that go in and out!
My bosses have been great with me going home...for the most part. One is a little more reluctant to say yes than the other, but I think they ultimately know they will either have to say yes or fire me. Other than that, it's hard to get anyone to do what I need them to. A major part of my job is delegating work out to others and more often than not I get blown off. It's really discouraging, but I guess I'll just have to deal with it.

That's all I have to say right now...my brain is mush.

1 comment:

  1. *big hug*

    Like you said Erin, if God is for us, who can be against us?

    Let that be your encouragement as you go through the busyness of your semester.

    ReplyDelete