This past week was a little insane. I drove back to Dallas on Monday...through a monsoon, mind you...and my roommate and I proceeded to eat everything we could find hahah. I'm not sure why, but we had some crazy munchies.
Tuesday, I was kind of antsy all day because Mom was supposed to start chemo. When I texted her, she just said she was really sore. I wasn't sure why, but apparently it was because she had a port put in her collar bone so they wouldn't have to stick her with an IV every time she got chemo. Apparently it was a lot more extensive than anyone was expecting. They actually had to sedate her...
The port runs through her corroded artery straight to her heart...so it's kind of intense. So that was crazy - especially because they didn't do chemo that day. We were pretty frustrated.
Wednesday was madness for so many other reasons. First of all, I walked out of my door at 8am and there is a wall of water outside my porch. It was POURING. So I get my awesome clear umbrella and run to my car...which proved to be pointless because I got drenched anyway. Anyway, it rains ALL day and I decide to skip chapel. Also, mom was beginning chemo on Wed...I had a lot on my mind. Then, toward the end of work, people start freaking out and people come through the international center to close the blinds on all the windows because there was a tornado warning! Needless to say, it was kind of freaky. The coolest thing ever happened, though! I walked out on the balcony of the international center when it was pouring down and looked over the pond outside and GUESS WHAT!!! There was this huge rainbow that was like 30 feet in front of my face!!! It ended in the pond, so I saw the end of a rainbow for the first time ever! It was very, very cool. I also saw the other end...it ended in some trees about 200 feet away. It was awesome. However, I am sad to report that there was no gold :( aw, there goes that dream ;)
After I got home from work, I went to my townhome - where I still heard the tornado sirens blairing...which, is extremely comforting...NOT. Fortunately, my roommate had made this AMAZING, tasty dish for all of us for dinner :D it was spaghetti noodles with a tomato cream sauce and shrimp. Seriously, this girl is a great cook. AND she cooks for me alllllll the time! I come home and she's all, "I made dinner! Want some?" Although, now that I mention this I feel like I said it in my last post...oh well. Now you know how serious I am :D
Thursday was just complete nonsense. First of all, I get this text from my dad early in the morning saying "we just got your text! glad to know you're okay!" I had sent them a text the night before to let them know there were tornadoes, but that I was okay and I hadn't gotten a response. Apparently, they didn't watch the news until the next morning...which is about the time that my mom started flipping out wondering if I was okay haha. I left work at 9:45 bound and determined to get to my class on time because we have to hand in a lab on Thursdays and if you don't turn it in by the time he asks if anyone else has any, it's 10 points late. Welllll, I'm in this class with a bajillion freshman who have a class before this one that's like right down the hall...I come from a building about a mile away. Unfortunately, because they all get there so early (about 10 minutes early), my 80 something year old teacher has begun thinking that is the first 10 minutes of class and stops taking them about 2 minutes after class starts!!! Literally! I was 2 minutes late to class and my lab was almost late!!! So I run into class, out of breath after sprinting up 3 flights of stairs and run into the class...where there is NO ONE except my professor and 2 other students. So I panic and I'm like, "where is everyone?" and he says, "class is over and they left?" so I hand in my lab and he's like "did you go to Houston?" because he knows about mom and we have this understanding that I am the only person in the class that can turn labs in late. So I tell him no with a very puzzled look on my face and he begins to write on my paper. I asked him if he was writing that it was late and he said he was marking that it wasn't late. I was relieved. So then I ask him if that was our online class and he says no and he and this guy both tell me to sign the roll. Still unbelievably confused, I consented and was only grateful to be able to still be counted present for the day. Well, after looking at the roll, I see that it says "section 2" and I am in section 3. I proceed to tell my professor this and he looks at me like I'm insane for a second before saying, "...that class begins at 11!" It was 10am... sooo I am the idiot that left for work an hour early. It was okay, though...because I got a break before class and then the class itself only lasted 20 minutes, so I had plenty of time to eat lunch and then go back to work an hour early. I need all the hours I can get!!! Thursday was also the day my boss was sick and we had like a billion problems at work.
Friday was pretty boring...my boss was back and we worked out some stuff, so that was good. Oh, and then we got into this big debate in my government class about whether or not Muslims should be allowed to build a Mosque so close to Ground Zero. It was intense.
The rest of the weekend was no big except the sermon at First Irving was FANTASTIC today, and I was working, so I heard it 3 times :)
Unfortunately, I only had 3 hours of sleep before, so I was pooped!!! Then, I almost ran out of gas looking for a chevron station because my mom gave me her chevron card and I can only use it at chevron stations and apparently THERE ARE NONE IN DALLAS. Just kidding...there are like 5 and NONE of them are near DBU. Go figure.
Anyway, there is life in a nutshell. I get to go home in 10 days (the 22nd) YAY
OH, and we bought my mom a laptop for her birthday :D which is on the 24th :D yaaaaayyyy!
No comments:
Post a Comment