Okay, so let me think of what all has gone down since my last post! As I said, it has been INSANE!
Things in my house exploded, but I think they'll be fine until the end of the semester...May 31. MAY 31. Last day in that horrible place and I can't wait :) While everyone was gone these past few days, I decided to kickstart my packing by taking everything of mine off the walls in the living room...which, is basically everything except 2 decorations. I don't feel comfortable being in the living room anymore, so I did it for a few reasons. 1. I don't feel comfortable in the living room, so I don't really go in there anymore...and I own almost all of the wall decorations, so I'm kind of like, if I am not able to enjoy them at all, what's their purpose? 2. As a result of #1, I don't really want to give them (the people who have made my life hell) a pretty environment...especially because I seriously doubt they appreciate it. 3. I decided I don't want to wait to pack everything in the last few days because I'll be working and probably taking classes during that time, so I'll be stressed enough as it is. So that's that.
Next, it has come to my attention that 3 men, all MUCH older than me, are attracted to me. None of them have ever explicitly said "this is a date" or "let's go on a date," but I have been texted/called and asked to go to some really date-ish places. Not that any of this is necessarily a bad thing, but I'm not entirely sure how I feel about age. I do know that it bothers me, though...Mostly in that I don't understand why guys UNDER 30 aren't doing the same, haha. On the other hand, I'm pretty flattered...they're complimenting my maturity, which I'm not always convinced that I'm terribly mature, so it feels nice. I suppose I'll keep you all posted on that business...
In regard to the last point, I've discovered that I'm content being single. Not that I've been pining for a man or anything, but I haven't been decidedly single or otherwise, so this is a step, I think. I'm not sure if it was men way too old for me that led to this, but I think it had a part in it. I'm not looking for anything right now. As I began thinking about caring for another person like that and being so connected, I began to feel almost anxious. I just don't think I want that in my life right now. I honestly don't think I have time. We'll see how this goes...BUT that's not to say that if a guy came around that I felt connected to and was attracted to I'd say no. It's a case-by-case basis haha :)
Next, I got to hang out with Jenny & Tyler again! I love them so much! Every time we hang out it's just so fun. Jenny and I usually go off and do our thing and Tyler runs around listening to music or other things :) This time, I got to Jenny's parents' house around 4 after HORRIBLE traffic and we went to Starbucks! When we got back, I got to see her parents a bit, whom I LOVE, and we had this AMAZING pasta! Also, I woke up early that day so I could make some fresh rosemary bread in my bread machine and it went perfectly with the pasta! It was great! I got rave reviews! If you've ever had the rosemary bread from MacGrill, you'd love it. I honestly think it's better...not just because I made it. Mostly because 1. I know exactly what's in it 2. It's amazingly fluffly 3. there's no oil on the outside, so you don't get greasy eating it. 4. the crust is a lot softer, so it doesn't get hard or sharp, haha. So we ate for a bit and then Ben and Emily of Carolina Story showed up and we all hung out for a bit and talked about random friends, how we knew one another and other stuff. It was really fun! I decided not to listen to Carolina Story's music prior to seeing their show so I wouldn't have expectations and that was probably the best decision ever. Their music was gorgeous!!! I enjoyed it immensely. After, I sold their merch and everyone asked me if I traveled with J&T, or they asked about where they were going next or how I met J&T. It's always interesting. I think it was the 3rd or 4th time I've sold their merch before and the questions always make me laugh. People always assume I'm "with the band." I guess in a way I am, but not in the way they mean. Makes me laugh. Also, I LOVE talking to everyone and that gives me an opportunity to do it. Sometimes it's hard to just walk up to people at shows because everyone feels kind of awkward and it's like there's this leave-me-alone mentality but people have to talk at least a little to buy stuff. :)
We also had lunch at one of my new favorite restaurants. It was SO good! It was a tea room, so the tea was fantastic, but so was the food. In all, FANTASTIC day!





No comments:
Post a Comment