Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Sail Away

Let me tell you, friends...life is absolutely insane, but I love it!

Last week was one of the best weeks EVER!!!
Well, it originally started as terrible, but it quickly picked up :)

Monday: Horrible day. I had a psych test I SO wasn't ready for, my mom's doctors still hadn't called about her PET scan after almost a week, so I was going into panic mode (mainly because last time the doctor called the next day because he didn't want us to have to wait on good news) and my dad STILL hadn't sent a check he had been promising for 2 months that I needed for taxes. *Disclaimer: my parents don't pay my taxes...that money was his half of my tuition and books = $350*
So Monday afternoon at work I had a minor breakdown on the floor after everyone left...

Tuesday was the TOTAL opposite.
My day began with a very kind someone telling me they were going to give me their frequent flyer miles for a free trip to South Korea this summer, my boss presented some of my work to the VP's on campus in order to implement a new program ANNNNND I found out my mom is OFFICIALLY cancer-free!!! How amazing is that?! Sooooo, yeah. AMAZING day. From that day on I was kind of on cloud nine. I actually don't really remember the rest of the week, haha.

SO, for those of you who have yet to figure it out, I'M GOING TO SOUTH KOREA THIS SUMMER!!! I'm pretty much going to die from excitement. I have a free flight, a free place to stay and mostly free meals <3 I'm going to visit my friends, Hannah and Suyeon! For those of you who were in the Houston area during Thanksgiving, Hannah was my Korean friend that came with me :)
I'm especially excited about seeing Suyeon, though. She was only at DBU for 1 semester because she was one of the rare exchange students that we have. Most students come for a solid degree, but we have a program with Suwon University in Suwon, South Korea where they come for a semester. Actually, Hannah was an exchange student, too, but she decided to stay for a whole year. Suyeon left quickly, though. It was really sad. She was REALLY sweet, but more importantly, she isn't a Christian. I'm very eager to see her again and hopefully be able to share the Gospel! That would be amazing! She is really excited to see me, too :) I'm so excited!
I'm also hoping to improve my Korean! I pick it up quickly, so hopefully I can learn a ton after 3 weeks in Korea!
OH, and I might get to go to China, too! Hannah said we might take a boat over because it's kind of expensive to fly :) IF we go when I want to, my boss will also be in China and he wants to show us around since he's been a bajillion times :) WHAAA!!!

I can't wait :) it's only 2.5 months away!!! AHHHHHH!!!! It's insane. Last Monday, I was expecting to MAYBE go next summer. Now, I'm leaving in a little over 2 months!
I'm just glad I don't have to wait as long as I did for the Europe trip, haha. Yeah, I had more time to save up money, but it was SO dreadful having to wait so long. I'm more of an on-the-fly kind, so this works.
If I had the money, I could seriously walk into a new airport every few months, pick a country and be totally fine :) Agh, I want to spend my life traveling!

My life is insane, but I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment