Thursday, February 10, 2011

Breathe Today

Life has been insane lately...but what else is new?

I'm desperately trying to take better care of myself, but I often fail. It's frustrating. Also, my body is refusing to run on little sleep this semester. I feel awful if I get 5hrs or less of sleep, which is about how much I'm getting lately. I guess that's still better than last semester's 3-4hrs...

I've felt very passionate lately. I wrote a while back about changing my major to psychology and I think every day I get a little more excited about it! I really, really love my psych class...even though it's kind of driving me crazy in the how-much-I-have-to-read department. I mean, most of my classes since college began have had tons of reading, but I've never done it, haha. I've always been able to make good grades without the reading. Maybe I can make freaking awesome grades with the reading. I'm sick of skating by in school accepting B's as my "best." I think it's going to be a fun next few years! I actually LOVE my classes this semester, too, which is a huge flip!

Also, I've really stepped up my ambitions in the language department :) I'm starting FRENCH classes this fall!!! I've always wanted to know French, and here's my chance! I decided that I want to become fluent (or at least able to hold intelligent conversations) in French, Spanish and Korean. I want to tack on one more language, too...but for now I will settle for the prospect of being quadrilingual. OH, which reminds me...I'm looking into careers as a linguist! I mean, I still want to be mission-minded and travel spreading news of God's love, but I want to have a career, too! I mean, I want an "in" into the country that I go to...I don't want to show up and be like, "oh, I have no job, but here's what you can know about God." I mean, there's nothing wrong with that, but to people strongly opposed to Christianity, or even those who severely persecute Christians, I'll be branded with a big, metaphorical "missionary" stamp and thrown aside...or, ya know, killed. I want to be chillin' at the water cooler at work telling someone about the Lord! Some of my favorite conversations with non-believers this past year were with some of my coworkers at work.  Not that I can't spread the Gospel any and everywhere, but I feel called to do more. I feel driven to do more.
So as far as Korean goes, it's kind of on the back-burner until I can find someone as good as my former coworker was at teaching to help me out...BUT I have 2 coworkers from Mexico and one from Brazil who also knows Spanish (that guy is quadrilingual - Spanish, Portuguese, Catalan - the national language of Spain, and English) so they're going to help me with my Spanish :) Olé!



So yeah...
I really, really need to go to bed now...
So goodnight, dear void...

^name that movie!!!

3 comments:

  1. CATALAN!

    I want to go back to Spain. sighh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No kidding! I have a place to stay (for free) if I ever decide to go back! You should come with! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU'VE GOT MAILLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!


    erinnally, YOU are a tall reed. Standing tall, waving bravely among the corrupt sands of commerce. ;)

    ReplyDelete