Sunday, January 30, 2011

Got My Mind Made Up

Good news!

I'm officially switching my major to Psychology after this semester :D
Basically, I'm waiting until then because my advisor is one of my professors, and I really, really like him and don't want him to feel like I'm academically breaking up with him or something haha. Note: I don't have a crush on my prof or anything, I mean I like him as a person...
AND he kind of made fun of me once for switching majors, which I haven't really done...I have a few times, but it's always a very minor change haha.

I decided to switch for a few reasons...
1. Even though DBU has tried to make Interdisciplinary Studies a unique degree that just incorporates a few things, it is still a degree that is not very respected as it is viewed as "General Studies."
2. If I decide to pursue something with the government bc of my immigration and language skill set, I want a degree that won't be looked down on
3. I REALLY love Psychology and always have. I have a huge passion for it and really enjoy it.
4. I realized I don't have to study Christian/Biblical studies to take those classes while also getting a Christian education. DBU incorporates it into all classes, so it'll be good :)
5. I want something that can give me a lot of options :)

I'm really excited about it :) yaaaay!

OH, and I'm taking a non-verbal communications class sometime soon that will deal with body language, facial expressions and things like that :D

Finally, I shall leave you with this...It has nothing to do with this post at all, but I thought it was funny!

3 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure the song you're thinking of is actually called Daring Daylight Escape.

    THIS is Got My Mind Made Up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2GVOGyyFB0

    LOVE YOU

    PS YAY PSYCHOLOGY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FYI: my titles can either be lyrics or song titles... :)
    I wanted the line more than the title, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AND there's a Bob Dylan song called "Got My Mind Made Up" which was actually what made me think of the CC song. I have both in my library haha

    ReplyDelete