(haha I actually found a song with this title. It was really exciting. The band is called "Fresh Espresso" how appropriate?!)
Okay, so here's my take on the espresso machine I recently got! A HUGE thanks to CSN Stores for this opportunity!
I think I've used it enough by now to write my review :)
For $60, this machine is pretty amazing. It makes pretty amazing espresso with little fuss. You simply put the water in, put the grounds in and BAM! About 5 minutes later and amazing espresso is dripping out and love is in the air!...and by love I definitely mean the amazing aroma fresh coffee brings.
However, there are a few cons that have popped up.
Bad news first:
Cons:
1. the milk frother is really messy! Maybe I haven't quite figured it out all the way, but I even went and bought a frothing pitcher because I thought it might help. Not that it oozes over or anything, but the pressure of the steam sends little drops of milk flying everywhere! I'll post again on this if it gets any better...
2. the drip tray is supposed to be stainless steel, but there's definitely a little brown patch where the espresso drips...
3. the lid on the carafe (the little glass pitcher thing that holds the coffee) seems like it's breaking...it doesn't fit as "snugly" as it did when it arrived...
4. you can't walk away from it for more than a few minutes when it's brewing or it'll give the espresso a burnt taste. You have to be around to slide the switch to the "steam" option, or it'll keep trying to make more espresso...which only burns it - hence the burnt taste.
I think that's about it for the cons...
Pros:
1. the espresso is reallly tasty!
2. instructions were very straight-forward and easy to understand (except for the frothing portion)
3. VERY FAST! I never have to wait more than 5-6 minutes
4. extremely easy to clean!
5. you can adjust how strong/weak you want it! This makes things extremely convenient for guests that aren't fans of strong coffee
I can't think of any other specific pros, but know I would give this machine at least 4.5 of 5 stars!

No comments:
Post a Comment