Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Death of Me

I've had one of the worst days I've had in quite some time...
I basically went into full on panic mode today and it was very not good.

Remember how I took that painting class last month? Well, we've had a month to finish all 5 paintings that we started in class, which is fine, except my professor seems to have forgotten saying "even though the syllabus says these are due the 25th, grades are due July 3 and I will take all assignments until July 1." So I planned for everything to be done JULY FIRST...I'm also taking an incredibly extensive english class this month that has taken a ton of time (and the paints she wants us to use take forever and a half to dry) so I've been a wee bit short on time, but I was going to have it all done by JULY FIRST. Got it? JULY FIRST. Anyway, so I'm at work this morning and I check my class updates online and she posted an announcement saying, "remember, everything is due no later than 2pm this friday, June 25!" I hit panic mode in about 30 seconds...I emailed her to ask what was going on and to remind her of what she told us on the FIRST day of class and she basically said I was making it up and asked why no one else had this problem. I had calmed down quite a bit before then, but now I'm really upset because now, not only do I have tons of crap to do in a very short amount of time, I am also being called a liar. Great. Not that this isn't bad enough, but I also have a major exam for english Thursday night and a 7-page research paper due Monday at noon. CRAP. So I call my english teacher to basically tell her I was freaking out and that my paper was going to be dreadful and that the other teacher hadn't responded AND I was crying hahah. YES! So my teacher is comforting me (because she's freaking awesome) and asks what she can do. I'm all, "HUH?!" haha cause I was just calling her to mostly vent and tell her why my paper and test were going to get horrible grades. Then she's like, "okay, well how about I make your paper due next wednesday instead?" YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!
So that was super cool.

But this other professor is still claiming that I'm a liar. FORTUNATELY, I knew the number of another girl in the class and called her to basically say, "do you remember this? or am I crazy?" and she said YES. She said the professor DID say that everything was due June 1st and she would also email her.

I want to freak out more, but I think the Lord is just filling me with peace. Haha, I know that everything above contradicts that statement, but that's just a retelling. I really do feel a lot more calm than I feel like I should be feeling haha. Make sense?

No comments:

Post a Comment