Okay, so I have a very hectic, but also WONDERFUL next few weeks ahead of me :)
1. This week is the last of my English class...for those of you that read my last blog, I got everything done for painting...whew! Anyway, I have to read the prologue for "The Wife of Bath's Tale" and be ready for a presentation on Tuesday, I also have to have read about 30 pages of Japanese literature, I have a 7-page research paper due Wednesday and I might be taking my english final Thursday as well...which would mean I have to read Othello by Wednesday...
In case you aren't keeping track, that means:
Tuesday: japanese lit + canterbury tales presentation
Wednesday: 7-page research paper + final exam...
When I take the final will determine when I get to go home!!! I really want to leave Wednesday afternoon, but I might need that day to study if I were to take the final on Thursday...
I guess it'll all depend on when I can finish my paper...
2. Work is getting a little interesting. My bosses are giving me more responsibility (which is wonderful) and starting to prepare the office for me to step in as "head" DSO...which is what I'm supposed to be, but the girl that has been there for 2 years is kind of in the way. She is constantly trying to prove that she's "in charge," when my bosses continually place the responsibility on me. Anyway, recently I've been in the back office because there aren't enough desks in our regular office and I don't even want to try to pry my coworker from the desk that should be mine, but she whined enough that I just told her to sit there. Even though it's my job to take what my boss wants and delegate to everyone else, she is sitting beside him. Wellll, last Monday, Tim (my boss) told me he's going to ask her to sit in the back basically because he wants me in the office more...for a few reasons. 1. He said she's extremely chatty and keeps people from their work, and 2. he wants everyone in the office to get used to me being the 'go to' person. It does make more sense because he sends me at least 15 emails a day for delegation and it's really difficult to report my tasks, answers and findings to him from another room...
He told me "be prepared to move to the front when you get back from vacation."
Oh dear, I see drama coming. She already thinks he hates her and likes me. I can't imagine what this will do.
Whew, life is crazy.
No comments:
Post a Comment