Saturday, January 1, 2011

Brand New Day

It's 2 hours and 30 minutes into the new year and am sitting here alone, crying.

Last year, I was one of the only people on campus for New Year's and a friend invited me over to her house about an hour away and it was super fun! This weekend, she invited me back over and when I called her Thursday to make sure all was according to plan, she texted me saying I couldn't go to her house anymore because she wasn't going to be there. I hate when plans fall through, so I was kind of miffed, but whatever. It would have been so much better to find out like a week ago. Either way, it's no big deal...

So I spent today by myself. I got off work early at 3:30, fell asleep around 4 and woke up at 8:30 or so, grabbed some food, opened a bottle of sparkling grape juice and read a few chapters of my book. It wasn't that terrible of a new year, just kind of lonely. However, I was looking through some of my pictures on facebook and saw myself wearing this one necklace I bought in Spain and suddenly realized it was gone. I also realized a few other pieces of my jewelry are gone. Stolen by my roommate, no doubt. She claims she hasn't taken anything since I wrote her the original letter, but I have had that necklace since then, so I know she lied to my face AGAIN.

I am so upset. I just don't know what to do. Ughh. The worst part is, she keeps taking things that are so meaningful to me...I'm just so devastated that someone would do something like this...

No comments:

Post a Comment