Monday, February 8, 2010

I shouldn't be blogging

but I just want to.


I feel different. I feel like I have changed for both better and worse.

Okay, less complicated version: I feel like my new job has forced me to grow up REALLY fast. I mean, a month ago I was a typical college freshman. Hanging out, going out, staying up and being random...but now I have no time. Every minute from 8-6 (except monday...then it's 9-6) that I'm not in class, I'm at work. At work: I am basically an adult. I do a ton of paperwork, I delegate tasks to the other immigration officer under me, and I help others get into this country. I have to be aware of the law and be ready and willing to turn someone in to the authorities if they tell me the slightest thing they do that violates immigration laws. Even something as innocent as moving into another house can get these kids deported. Even worse: if they tell me about it, I'm bound by law to report them. Don't get me wrong, I love my job, but I feel so different.

I've noticed lately that I get annoyed with people much faster. I have almost zero tolerance for inconsideration and I can hardly stand to be around people that seem immature. For example, I have a few friends now (mainly boys...sorry) that I just don't care to be around because they act so ridiculous all the time. Call me crazy, wrong or whatever, but I don't have a lot of time now anyway, so I don't want to waste (to put it bluntly) my time on people that have no problem pushing me into the dirt. That doesn't mean I hate them or anything, or even that I don't want to be friends, but I'm not going to exert myself in an effort to be buddy buddies. I just don't have time. Maybe it's stress, maybe it's me growing up, or maybe it's me just becoming a big jerk now, but that's how I feel.

Anyway, the Lord has presented an opportunity for me to go to China (or Korea) this summer! FOR FREE! I just have to pay 3hrs tuition (for a class I have to take anyway) and a $300 down payment, and the rest is payed for! It's for 3 weeks this summer to teach english to kids over in one of those countries! Before that time, I have to spend 20hrs total in training that they will provide and then I'm good to go! I just have to finish my application with all of my recommendation letters, and I'm good to go! It's normally for 3-5 weeks, but I for sure could only do the 3 week trip. I got approval from my bosses already <3. I'm so pumped! I'm just going to pray about it and see where the Lord takes me! Hopefully it's to China!

Random, but the other day I had one of the best experiences EVER! hahaha. This Korean guy that I needed to help out came in the door, but our Korean counselor was busy. So I tried to tell him to have a seat, but he didn't understand English, so I told him "ahn-juh-say-o" (that's not how you spell it, but it's how you say it) which is "have a seat" in Korean, and he looked at me like a confused puppy and chuckled a little bit! Then my Korean coworker turns to me and starts clapping! So I'm SERIOUSLY confused at this point...
Then he leaves and I go, "ANNA, WHY DID HE LAUGH AT ME?!?!" and she goes, "He laughed because he actually understood what you said! You said it properly, but he wasn't expecting that to come from your mouth" hahahahah. It was AWESOME! Definitely a rewarding experience.
I also know how to say:

  • I don't speak Korean
  • One moment
  • thank you
  • hello
  • good bye
  • NO! Don't do that!
  • I'm hungry
  • have a seat
  • yes
  • what time is it?
  • you wanna die?! (hahahahhahaha)
Anyway, I just realized I have a big paper due Tuesday...crap.
Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment