Contrary to the title, I don't think this post will literally be "sad." The title simply shares what today is :)
Single's Awareness Day
This has been an interesting week!
I guess I'll start from Wednesday.
I aced my New Testament quiz with a 100 (over the books of the NT...which I've known since 5th grade) haha, had a bio test I DEFINITELY wasn't prepared for, and went to history only to find it had been moved to a different room and building! GEEZE. So I pack up my crap and run over to the other building to find my teacher also walking there with a very angry expression on her face. Apparently no one told her we were moving either. She was like, "there shouldn't have been any classroom changes considering classes are closed!!!" She was so mad. I was, too, but she was the professor. It was stupid. Anyway, then I went to work and that's pretty much the end of Wednesday.
Thursday, I woke up at 7 to SNOW, decided to skip my 8:30 class and sleep in before work, then overslept...I woke up at 9:30 - aka: time I'm supposed to BE at work. So I call my boss telling him I'll be 20 minutes late. I was so late I had to walk there instead of waiting on the shuttle. Pretty sure I almost died a few times going down the steps to get to work at the bottom of the hill. So then it snowed ALL day. Literally ALL day. 5am-2pm Friday.
Around 7 or so, a bunch of my friends and I decided to take advantage of the foot of snow and the huge hill we live on and go sledding! So after about 20min of that we notice someone had started building an igloo at the bottom of the hill, so we went to explore. Somehow we ended up deciding to finish it, haha. So for the next 5hrs, we built an igloo. I thought I was going to die, but it was SO worth it! It was about 7ft tall and could comfortably fit about 10-12 people. AMAZING!!! Unfortunately, after we left someone tried to do more to it and made it collapse. :( sad day.
Friday, the campus was closed, so I slept ALL day. I woke up around 5:30, went shopping at Target, then back to DBU. Basically, I just wanted to get off campus to use my new GPS - Mrs. Beasley. My mommy named her :) She said it was a character from a show she used to watch.
I then worked on laundry until about 7am :) That's the best time to do laundry when you're sharing 2 washers and 2 dryers with 80ish people. Also, I do my roommate's laundry, so I usually have twice as much as everyone else.
Saturday, I literally slept the day away. I woke up at 7:30pm. Wow. It was actually awesome. Yes, I wasted it, but I enjoyed it :) Then Allison and I had a sappy movie marathon :) We watched Pride & Prejudice, The Notebook and Ever After! I love those movies!
This coming weekend is winter ball. I don't have a date, but I have a pretty dress :)
I'm going to Party City sometime this week to buy a mask (it's a Masquerade ball)
It will be fun!

I'm just curious, why do you do your roommate's laundry?
ReplyDeletebecause she has never done it before, we have free laundry and it makes life easier if I just combine hers with mine :)
ReplyDeleteoh, and because I'm just nice like that?
I don't know, I just do :)