Friday, July 16, 2010

Chasing Cars

Hey there!

Okay, so this will be short because it's 2am, I need to pack for Houston, I'm exhausted and I have to wake up at 7 :)

I decided to go back to Houston this weekend to be with my family. My dad isn't so sure it's a good idea because my mom is pretty wiped out, but I need to be there.
They went to the doctor today and found out it's between stage 2 and stage 3 (some perspective: stage 4 is the most aggressive). The mass under her tongue is a malignant tumor.
They're sending her to the UT tumor specialists as well as the Baylor tumor specialists in Houston, so that's great. They'll start her on chemo and possibly radiation soon, but first they're going to go in for reconstructive surgery to remove the tumor and put in some artificial skin grafts. She said she'll have to relearn how to talk, eat, chew, swallow, etc. all over again because it will be such a dramatic surgery. Fortunately, the cancer is not in her jaw bone or her lymph nodes.
How blessed are we that she lives in the city with the most advanced cancer treatments in the country? :)


Her new quote: "I don't have to have cancer to breathe my last breath tomorrow."
(meaning it's the Lord's timing when she dies; cancer or not.)

I'm holding up okay. It's kind of numb for our family right now. Like, everyone cried and now everyone is kind of zombie-like, myself included.

No comments:

Post a Comment