Saturday, July 17, 2010

Love You `Till the End

Okay, so that title is major song on the movie P.S. I Love You's soundtrack...that bit of info will make sense in a second...

I decided to come home this weekend and surprise my mom. It was awesome :) she was totally surprised! I'm pretty sure I'm really good at surprises haha. I'm officially 3-0 at surprising my mom with pretty good surprises. 1. surprise party that was EPIC (Seriously... catered mexican food, flew in my grandma, got all their friends together) . 2. flew my brother in for mother's day the day they got back from Paris :) 3. I drove in to see her the week she needed it most. Score.

So today I come home from taking Mema to Kohls and my parents were watching P.S. I Love You...NO. OH MY GOODNESS, worst movie to watch under the circumstances!!! I mean, COME ON!
In case you don't know, the whole movie is about the man (played by Gerard Butler) dying at 35 from an illness (which I think was cancer in the movie) after being completely healthy his whole life. Oh, and I'm not spoiling anything, that's what the whole thing is about...it's no big mystery shocker or anything. Anyway, after the week we've had, WHY would they watch that?! They didn't finish...they only watched about half. Oh my.

While I'm on the subject, it's a pretty decent movie. Not my favorite, but I like it well enough.






I drive back to Dallas tomorrow after a family gathering for my grandma Brunner's birthday (Steve's mom). I'm not really looking forward to either. It's the first gathering since my mom's diagnosis...
My dad sent out an email to the family saying not to give my mom pity looks or hugs. He says they don't help and they only remind us again and again of what's going on. We need normalcy. Compassion is great, but there's a difference between offering your sympathy and looking at them like they're about to die. It should be interesting.

Oh! And just in case this hasn't been a horrible enough year, my grandma Brunner had a mini stroke last night...my aunts are into that homeopathic medicine crap and keep playing doctor to my grandma and it has almost killed her again. They just don't get it. Well, I think my dad and Uncle Billy are going to give them "a talking to" tomorrow. Geeze.

Fun fact: one of my roommates has been stealing things from me. My clothes, scissors, hair things, etc...greeeaaaaat.

No comments:

Post a Comment