Perhaps I do have more to say tonight.
I've felt quite uneasy for a bit now...
There was this guy that I've known practically forever that recently contacted me. We were "boyfriend/girlfriend" (I use that term because I refuse to refer to things like that before a certain point in my life as "dating") during my freshman year for a short time, but there has always been this thing. Well, he contacted me a few days ago and we sort of picked up where we left off. I've known since freshman year that he still had this thing for me, and he even claims it's a reason why he and his girlfriend broke up. I don't necessarily doubt that, as I was not there, but there you go. Anyway, we began talking quite a bit and things just sort of lined up. I mean, he's cute, nice, really likes me, went to my church back home, is in college, etc...I mean, what's not to like? He was even planning a trip to Dallas for his vacation. I knew it was a little fast, but I was excited to see him. I haven't seen him in a few years...not since I saw him in Kentucky a few years ago. That was awkward...his girlfriend was definitely there haha. Pretty sure she didn't like me, but I digress.
So things are going well between us until last night when God stepped in. One of my best friends in the world, Leah Matthews, came over and when I told her about this guy, she asks, "have you prayed about it?" and I realized I couldn't say yes. I had forgotten all about seeking the Lord in this because it felt so good. Before that she had also said some things that really hit like, "well, are you settling just because he likes you and it feels good?" (her response when I explained the thing) and "WHOA, that's so serious" when I told her he was coming to see me.
Soon after I had this knot in my stomach that couldn't be untied.
I told him last night I thought everything needed to slow down. I mean, we went from "oh, I haven't talked to you in forever" to being practically dating. I thought that would be enough, but then the knot got worse. Today, I told him I didn't feel like this was right and it needed to stop. I also told him not to come to Dallas. Amazing how quickly the knot went away, haha.
Funny how that works.
I also saw something on a friend's blog I must share with you.

I love you a lot(: Seeking the Lord above all gives us peace amid the unknown!
ReplyDeleteI'm proud of you dearest.
P.s. I had no idea what I said the Lord would use like that! I'm glad to be His vessel anytime(: