Saturday, July 24, 2010

Must Have Done Something Right

So it has taken a while, but I've officially broken through to my other Taiwanese roommate :D She has opened up to me enough to make me a friend, and for that I am extremely grateful. Bonus: she's an AMAZING cook! She was telling me the other day that she spent 3 years in a cooking school in Taiwan. She's seriously awesome.

Well, usually when I make something to eat, I make enough for others, so I always offer her some and she had been doing the same. Now, she has begun asking me if she could make me dinner <3 I feel very honored. Yesterday, she made this AMAZING noodle dish with a bunch of veggies for lunch and today she made me this "salad" with mushrooms, lettuce and zucchini with this awesome tender chicken breast coated in this sweet, tangy sauce. It was SO good. Then there was this rice with some kind of curry on top. Basically, I did something right :) I love making friends.

OH, and I made this really awesome Korean dish the other day ALL by myself from the memory of my friend making it for me :)
it was SUPER good. I was proud of myself :)
I also found a new love: Komart. It's a Korean store where everything is soo cheap. I bought 5 or 6 things that would have normally cost me anywhere from $15-20 or more and it was only $10! Very cool :)


Bad news: I'm having some money issues :( I'm having to miss so much work to go see Mom in Houston that it's hitting my pay pretty hard. After I pay rent next week I'll have about $100 left :/

I'll be in Houston Tuesday night through Sunday afternoon.
This week is going to be so hard.

My boss is the coolest ever. He got back from Brazil on Thursday and pulled me into his office to make sure I was okay. He wanted to let me know if I needed to miss any time he would be fine with it. He also recommended I read A Grief Observed. He was super awesome about it :) I love my job

No comments:

Post a Comment