Saturday, February 7, 2009

Why is this happening to me?!

Haha, if you're wondering about the title, go check out the video from the link below.
I'm no blogger like Molly, but here goes my update :)

I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED a job!!! I'm waiting to hear back from Starbucks right now, but I need one sooner than that! I'm going to Paris and Barcelona in exactly 1 month and 1 week and my parents have made the spending money issue very clear. Bah.
In other money spending news: I've figured out exactly what I want to get Zachary for vday, but I'm a little short in the cash flow. I'm pretty disappointed. ESPECIALLY since he's apparently doing something so absolutely amazing for me and just keeps going on about it. Speaking of which, have I ever mentioned how much I hate knowing surprises are coming? I hate it when people run up and are like, "I have something AMAZING for you!!!" me-"what?" them-"ohhh, nothing. You'll find out later"
HELLO!!! Have you met me?!?! Don't you know that I sit up and think about it for a reallllllly long time!?! What typically happens: I spend so much time imagining what it could be until I set my mind on what I think they have or something to my level of amazing. Not that what happens isn't always amazing, but I typically build it up so much in my head that nothing can really compare and I end up disappointing myself and not giving that person enough thanks. I hate that.

I have been SO angry with my art teacher lately. I've been working on this painting and I really like it. Hear that? I really like it. I never like anything I do in art...I love this painting.
Anyway, so my art teacher has begun to think it's really cool to be incredibly offensive and rude to me. Actually, this has kind of been how she has always been toward me, but now it's starting to "chap my hide" in the words of Mrs. Crocker, whom I love. I've never been her student before this (and it's art3) so she has gotten it in her head that I have no ability at all because she hasn't spread all her infinite wisdom around in me. She keeps walking up to me saying, "do you even know how to do that?" or something and it's beginning to make me severely angry. She's just very rude about how she chooses to teach. No wonder no one listens! So the other day she got mad at me because she told me I had to paint over my painting and I didn't agree...so I turned to a friend and said, "Ms. Day told me I had to paint over my painting, but I don't agree" and she overheard, which I didn't think was a big deal because I was just stating my opinion. So she calls me over and starts yelling at me and I begin to lose it. Zach said he fully expected me to yell at her. She starts telling me that I ticked her off and that I had to listen to her and she knows what she's doing and I was going to fail if I didn't listen to her because she is the one grading my art. So then I proceed to ask what the point of us pouring with watercolor if the assignment was to paint over it. This made her angry...er. I don't really remember what else she said, but I know I was so angry I started crying.

The next day I was fully prepared to walk in there and act like nothing had happened and that I didn't completely dislike her as a teacher, but I walk in to get some watercolor and she pulls me over to give me some books on watercolor to teach me how to paint...ARE YOU KIDDING?!!??!?!?!?!?!? So I'm immediately livid. I let it slide though. I just took her comments with pursed lips and flaming thoughts. Then I hand her my palette and she's like, "where's your white palette?" so I tell her it's at home. What I didn't tell her was why. She decided this year to get us palettes that were about 2 feet long and a foot wide - a little less. SERIOUSLY. So this thing is the most inconvenient thing to pack around ever. So I found a little off-gray palette and handed it to her and she's like, "you need a white palette. Do you not understand that watercolors are transparent? You won't know what color you're mixing unless your palette is white." I told her I could see it just fine...I mix my colors on the paper anyway. So then she throws up her hands and says how I just know everything and don't need her...as she typically does. DUsbkguiaNGKJGNFDGKUNS!!!!!

So that was friday at school. Oh, and I had this amazing gov't sub that gave us hints to almost every question on our quiz :D heehee. Mr. Crook is probably going to be really angry.

Friday night Zachary and my sisters came over with their families to celebrate mine and my bro-in-law's birthdays. We had steak and it was amazing. I, of course, got a lot of crap about how mine was cooked, but what else is new? It was especially amazing because it was one of the first nights Zach had ever had a chance to really connect to my family and feel like they really like him. Which they do, very much :)

What a wonderful conclusion to a hectic day.

P.s. Check out this AWESOME video my dad showed me. Randy sent it to us, if that tells you anything. It's pretty much the funniest thing I've ever seen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txqiwrbYGrs

Tonight I'm going to see the play at school...I'm excited :)
See you lata :)

1 comment:

  1. haha that video was so cute!

    and im sorry about your art teacher, dear.
    hang in there- only a couple of months to go!

    love you!

    ReplyDelete