Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Cozy Little Nook

So it's week 1 of summer, of full time work and of a new dorm.

I really, really like the new girl at work. Her name is Christy. She'll be taking over for Tabitha doing the other DSO job. She'll only do immigration and random things I ask her to do around the office, but I already feel better about her being there. I was kind of nervous about who was going to fill the spot and reeeallly hoping that I'd like her/get along with her considering she was going to basically be my partner. I really like her. She and I are already more than just colleagues. I really feel like there's a friendship there, so that's cool :)

On another waaay more important note, Julia, the girl from Taiwan that will be living with me, had a Bible translated to Chinese open on her desk today and was reading from Psalms every now and then. For those of you that don't remember, Julia isn't a Christian. Apparently, according to Anna (the Korean counselor...she is a Christian), Julia is really curious about Christianity and wants to know more! She even asked Anna what some of her favorite verses are :) I gave her 2 of my favorites as well: Matthew 6:34 and 2 Corinthians 4:16-18. I can't wait to see what the Lord is planning for her!!! AHHH!!! She's going to start going to church with me when we move into our townhome :)

My new room is actually great. It's super cozy, but really spacious. I like it a lot. I actually wouldn't mind living here longer than 2 more weeks...GASP! I am excited for my townhome, though, and would NEVER ever give up living there to stay in a dorm...
Stefanie and I made this awesome nook in our room that has our refrigerator and a plastic drawer thing with food :) it's awesome.

Anyway, time for bed. Work tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment