Monday, May 17, 2010

Everything is Different

These past few weeks have been kind of crazy for me.

I moved out of my dorm this past weekend...to ANOTHER dorm. Annoying, but it's what everyone staying for the summer had to do. Fortunately/unfortunately, I will only be in this particular room for 2 weeks. I use both because I actually kind of like it in this room. I'm living in the girl's dorm building that looks kind of like a hotel...which it basically is. It's MASSIVE compared to my old room in Crowley (the older girl's dorm building. Here, I share a bathroom with 4 people - including myself - opposed to the 30 people that shared one in my hall in Crowley. Actually, I think my suitemate is alone in her room, so it's just me, Stefanie and Jun (this cute little girl from China...the one who gave me the Chinese tea a few weeks ago!). Stefanie and I have our room to ourselves instead of the 3 person per room plan they had in the beginning. I'm not sure why, but they came to their senses and only put 2 per room. Praise God. It would have been so cramped.

Stefanie is super nice, but I hardly see her. She lives in Ft Worth - a mere 30ish minutes from here - and goes home often. I have been alone in this room since Saturday morning. She said she was coming back Monday morning. Who knows, haha.

We move into our townhome June 1 :) hopefully. They said it could be done sooner or later. I'm anxious, but I do like Spence, so I'm not in as large of a hurry as I was before. Besides, I'd really rather not go through the moving process again so soon. I am ready to have a full kitchen and a washer and dryer that I only have to share with 6 girls instead of 100 something haha. Our kitchen/living room is going to be decorated like a Parisian cafe :D:D:D I'm sooooo excited!!!!

Another thing about the summer: I'm officially a college sophomore. Weird. I have about 35 hours under my belt right now and will be a junior by December. How crazy is that?!
Also, everyone is gone. Summer has taken most of my friends like the tide. I suppose it's time to make new friends? Spence makes it kind of hard to make friends, though. It's a lot different than Crowley. In Crowley, the community bathrooms made it impossible to stay in your room all day. You inevitably had to walk in the hall and you would almost always bump into someone or stop by someone's room in the process for a chat. Here, my bathroom is in my room. As I mentioned earlier, it's kind of like a hotel. You don't just go and walk around into other people's hotel rooms. Also, the cafeteria is closed, so no chance for that either.

I've found that books are taking the place of people for me this summer. AND my roommate, Stefanie, started watching LOST last week hahaha. Yeah, started as in from Season 1, so we watch Lost a lot, too. It's so fun listening to her coming up with different theories and being so shocked when certain characters that you think are "safe" die. Like Boone. She almost quit watching when Boone died. hahaha. It's really fun to go back. Unfortunately, she is watching them all on Hulu and seasons 1-5 won't be on there anymore after the series finale...which is quite unfortunate. So I told her she had until next Monday to finish hahahah.

Whew this post is random...but aren't they all?

I finished one of my favorite books of all time 2 nights ago. Redeeming Love. Go read it. It's simply amazing. Francine Rivers wrote it and it's absolutely wonderful. It's a retelling of Hosea in novel form set in the California gold rush. Oh. My. Goodness. SO GOOD.

Anyway, I start working full time tomorrow (erm, today). From here on, I'll be working 40 hours a week except for May 24-30 for my painting mini term :D and June 28-July 11 for vacation :) I'll be home the 30th to the 11th. Be ready, Houstonians :)

Well, I've put off sleep long enough. I have to wake up around 7. Joy.
Goodnight, dear friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment