Monday, May 17, 2010

Korea♥

Okay, so I know I said goodnight in the former post, but I just had to post this
I absolutely love Korea (and by Korea I mean South Korea because I've never met a North Korean) and its people. I have so many wonderful, wonderful friends from there. For some reason, I fit in better with any of them than those from other countries. Though, one of my best friends in my building is from India :) I love her, too.

Anyway, so this week was very sad. A lot of students went home :( one in particular just swells my heart. Her name is Suyeon Lee (수연 이). She was an exchange student, so she only stayed one semester. She came by the office the other day to talk to me and get her documents finalized and she gave me this note card saying she was going to miss me and that she couldn't wait until I came to Korea and that she has loved having me as a friend :) Then, she gave me this gorgeous pencil bag type thing. I think it's a common gift in Korean culture because I got one from another friend when she went to Korea on a mission trip. So Friday, I took Suyeon out to dinner because she was leaving on Saturday. When we got back, she gave me this hand made clay charm, kind of like a cell phone charm, of a traditional Korean girl. It's precious.

Also, a few weeks ago, I helped out at this Korean children's choir (that is crazy famous in Korea) and they gave me this beautiful mirror with embroidered backing. So beautiful. They also gave me a cd for free. AND I got to see Pastor Billy Kim! who is this crazy awesome famous pastor in Korea. He's responsible for bringing a lot of students to our school. He's a pretty cool guy. I want to actually hold a conversation with him someday...especially if I could do it in Korean. Some day I will be fluent. I'm getting pretty good as it is, but I want to be so much better.

Point being, I have received so much from these people. Not all of it has been tangible.
I really love them.
사랑

No comments:

Post a Comment