Saturday, May 29, 2010

Calm.

It has been a very interesting week.

I had my painting class, which was really fun :) AND I didn't have work for a week, so that was even better. My paycheck will SUCK as a result, but whatever :)


This summer has actually been pretty awesome. Aside from being at school for almost all of it, working every day and taking classes, it has been so calm and fun :) I've read 2 books so far: Redeeming Love and The Heretic Queen, which were both fantastic! My roommate, Stefanie, is pretty awesome and my new dorm is HUGE. It almost makes me wish I were here all summer...ALMOST. There's nothing that could keep me from my house, though :) It's finished and beautiful! I should move in Wednesdayish. Whew :)
One of our roommates (house mates?) bailed, though. In all, we aren't too upset about it. We're kind of mad that she never really told us, though. She never signed the lease...we had to call Apartment Life to find out. That's kind of dumb! Also, it bumps our rent from $335/month to $390/month.
So now we only have 6, which is fine with me. That means only 2 people per room/bathroom and one less drama maker. Score :)
I think I'm almost more excited to have a bathtub and a kitchen than anything else, haha.

In other not really important news:
I have officially discovered how to make a cappuccino using only a coffee press :)
Well, I take that back. I did use a microwave to heat the milk and an electric kettle to boil water for the espresso. Other than that, BOOYAH!
Also, it tastes pretty awesome :) I'm mostly excited that I learned how to froth my own milk without a milk frother :) In my hunt for cheap espresso machines, that was the common complaint. Everyone would love the espresso made in the machines, but hate the milk frother. So I guess I win.

Oh, here's a sneak peak to the painting I started yesterday in painting :)
This is JUST the under painting, so it willl look kind of like this, but with color.

No comments:

Post a Comment