This week has been a doozy.
As most (if not all) of you know, my mom had surgery Wednesday to remove the cancerous tumor on her tongue. She had a cancer called squamous cell.
The surgery was a lot more extensive than we were expecting/hoping. They ended up taking about half of my mom's tongue. They took a huge chunk from her left arm and rebuilt her tongue by connecting all the nerves and blood vessels back together. It's pretty awesome that they can do that. The surgery took about 13 hours.
She's recovering now, but is very down. The doctors are saying she's recovering faster than anyone they've ever seen, but she is very distraught about her appearance. She will have a large scar on her neck where they took her lymph nodes and salivary glands from her left side and another one where they did a tracheostomy so she could breathe. She's pretty upset. I wish I could make her realize how beautiful she is.
I'll be back in Houston next weekend. She should get out of the hospital on friday. Hopefully.
I'm exhausted and am going to bed.
Work should be interesting. I'm the only immigration specialist and this is our busiest time of the year. Fantastic...
praying, as always.
ReplyDeletelove you, dearest!