We needed some people to work today (Saturday) because it's "full service saturday..." which basically means the whole campus is open from 9-1. Anyway, I'm working with my "big" boss, the director. I call him the big boss because I have 2 bosses. One stays in my office and is the Assistant Director, the other (big boss) is in an office down the hall and is the Director of International Admissions and Immigration. Basically, he has more power and is therefore known to me as "big boss."
ANYWAY, this guy is SUPER cool. I mean, not only is he one of the nicest guys I've ever met, he runs our office in a very relaxed, comfortable and efficient way. It's a fantastic place to work! Even better: the guy is a huge LOTR fan. haha Today, he brought a bunch of his rare memorabilia. He brought this file that I can't remember the name of, but there are like 50 or so in existence. (I was later informed that it is called the Balrog file or Balrog folder). It's this file that Peter Jackson and New Line used to get people and press excited about the movie and kind of a "sales pitch" of sorts. It's seriously awesome. There are prints of paintings done of the movie. It's insanely cool. Also, because he was one of the original members of the fan club, he got a signed letter from Peter Jackson AND his name is in the credits of the movie!!! How cool?
Where did this information come from? I remembered him telling me one day that he really liked LOTR, so when I bought
Anyway, it was crazy awesome.
So now I'm at work until 1 doing not very much. About 10 minutes after we got here, the power went out hahahah. It was awesome. So then Moses, my Indian coworker who is also working today, and I began talking. About 5 minutes later, my boss comes in and pulls up a chair and we started talking as well. It was really cool. He's a neat guy. We talked about natural disasters, symphonies, art, countries, Washington D.C., museums and the like. It was fun.
So then, after about an hour, the power came back and our conversation reached its end.
Before he left our office, he said, "I don't care if you actually get any work done today...we're basically just here to answer phones" HAHAHA
So here I am...in case you were wondering why I am blogging at work!
I think I may go see Ryan Edenfield and Katie Stockwell today :)
woo!

No comments:
Post a Comment