Tonight was FANTASTIC!!!
I got to the Apple (Jenny's maiden name is Apple! How awesome is that?!") house around 5:20 due to CRAZY traffic and stupid stoplights. Seriously, I hit every single stoplight of the 20 or so on the way to their house. No exaggeration. All of them.
So I finally get there and meet Jenny's parents...who are AMAZING. About 10 minutes later, Jenny takes this pie out of the oven and I just about pass out. I. LOVE. PIE. I'm not a huge sweets person...I don't really care for cake, cookies, brownies, etc, but I LOVE pie. Mainly fruit pies. Well, they made a raspberry pie! I had never had one before, but it was AMAZING. It was 100% homemade. She's going to give me the recipe for her crust soon. It was so good. Then we went and hung out with Stewart (the One-Eyed Cat!) and talked for a while. Tyler was busy working on their new album almost the whole time, haha.
So then her mom made these potatoes with fresh rosemary and basil and her dad made RIBS. THE BEST RIBS I'VE EVER HAD! I'm not really a big rib fan, but they were incredible. After dinner, Jenny and I went out and worked on one of the things from her kickstarter project. The people who did the $80 tier got a sheet of hand-written lyrics from one of the new songs. Well, we decided they looked kind of lame with regular white paper, so we stained them and they dried kind of crinkly and awesome! They look SO good! It was exciting to be able to contribute :)
Then, we had the pie...WOW
Then, Jenny and I went for a swim in her parents' AMAZING pool. So great! But there were tons of bugs in the water because of the light :( gross.
After that, they let me listen to the almost finished version of "Faint Not," the title track of their new cd. It's seriously amazing. I can't wait to hear the finished product! Gah, that album is going to be so great! Those kids are going places!
Anyway, that was my night. It was so great!
OH, and I got to see the Edenfield family this afternoon :)
GREAT day!
DOUBLE OH: I also saw a shooting star on my way home! Very cool
I'm glad to hear you had such a great day. Praise God. That's awesome.
ReplyDelete