Friday, January 2, 2009

Deciding to take the high road.

So...I've actually had this blog for quite some time, but I kept it hidden from the world. Most importantly, I kept it hidden from those I knew and loved. I didn't want anyone to know some of the things going on inside of me...well, I wanted them to know what I wanted them to know. So I used this blog as my whining journal-like thing. It became something I spilled to that a piece of me always hoped someone would find just so that could be my excuse for others finding out. Well, that just wasn't working for me anymore...so I deleted all those whiney posts and decided to use this as a minor insight to my life. A documentation of senior year, in ways. I guess I never really expected others to understand some things. You know those friends that are all, "you can always tell me anything"? Well, I've found that definitely isn't always true...myself included! Sometimes people say they want to know everything, but the moment you tell them the thing they don't want to hear, things will probably get weird. Don't say it doesn't...cause quite often that is exactly how things work! Hmm. So now I suppose I'll begin with the randomness on my mind today.

So I am obsessed with the game Quelf. It is by far one of the best games I've ever played and I enjoy it very much! Unfortunately, unless I can convince someone who owns it to play with me, I rarely get to play. Well, today I took myself down to B&N (barnes&noble) and bought it with a few gift cards! Nothing like using other people's money, eh? Anyway, I brought it home and in my complete excitement, opened it up only to find that I had been gypped! (I googled that word earlier to see if I spelled it correctly and apparently that is how you spell it. My original attempt was "jipped") Anyway, my box was missing the plastic partitian that prevents box chaos AND the card stacks looked about half of what came with Zach's!
So, rest assured, imaginationgames.com got quite an earfull...erm, eyefull! I'm really looking forward to getting a reply. I told them I was disappointed with their money-saving strategy, and if they're anything like me, being told someone is disappointed in them won't be fun! Muahaha! Even if nothing happens as a result of my complaint, they'll totally know what's up!

Another fun thing about my break: I went to Kentucky for the first time in like 2.5 years...maybe even 3? I would have thought it would have been MUCH more fun, but unfortunately, it was not. I longed for home almost every day. And by home, I definitely mean Houston. The biggest, and worst, shock of all happened upon arrival. My stepmom, who has been changing my father for the worst since their marriage, seemed like she was only being nice for the sake of my dad (which is probably exactly what was happening). Another thing - I have been looking forward to getting back there and coming home with some of my stuff! When I moved back to Kentucky, I took everything I owned. When I moved back to Texas, I was only allowed 2 suitcases and 2 boxes...because my dad refused to rent a U-Haul trailer. When I told him a few months ago I wanted to get some of my clothes, he said, "yeah, I've been wondering why you didn't take more..." UH, HELLO!!! YOU WOULDN'T LET ME!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway, so I get back there - first day back - only to find that almost all of my stuff has been thrown or given away and my closet and dresser have become my stepmother's storage room. Hundreds of dollars in clothing, tons of artwork, everything...gone. Another thing that ripped me to shreds, all the silly things I've given my dad over the years, the things he kept on his dresser for years simply because I gave them to him, those things were scattered in various places around my room. Whether they were stuffed in a drawer or placed on a shelf, she had gotten rid of them. She made it very clear that she wanted his attention all for herself. I am crushed. I am going to try my hardest, and pray quite a bit for God's help in forgiving them, but right now it is very hard. The sad part: my dad and I used to be BEST FRIENDS. I could talk to him about everything! And my stepmom wasn't always this awful. Back in the day, when my parents were still together, she drove my school bus (from K-3rd) until she split up my parents...yeah. Well even then, she was THE nicest person in the WHOLE world! Seriously, if you asked her for something, she was sooo willing to do it. She was so kind. Freshman year, after years of dating (which was completely unknown to me), but she was ALWAYS around, my dad asked if it was okay for them to get married. I was cool with it, of course! The only difference between how things were and them being married was she was going to live in my house vs going home every night at like midnight. Anyway, they got married and she made a 180 switch. I eventually started waking up early because I could hear her badmouthing me. She was constantly trying to convince my dad how awful I was. I didn't understand. She suddenly became incredibly mean...unless my dad was around...and she tried everything in her power to take away any attention my dad gave me. Is it any wonder I moved back here? (Texas, that is)

Well...I think this is long enough.
Adios,
E.

No comments:

Post a Comment