Saturday, January 3, 2009

the night for notes!

So it appears my blog will never have a rest on this January 3rd, almost 4th. A part of me hopes this will take at least 10 minutes to write so I won't have 3 posts for the 3rd :) aren't I weird? Anyway, I have cheered myself up and now I have decided to ramble :) Just wait, updates probably won't come so frequently come Monday...EEK! Anyway, I'm just sitting here enjoying my rather large jamba juice smoothie thinking about relationships. Tonight I watched an episode of iCarly (yes, I watch that show :)) and it was about the male-female interaction. Hahah, what an awkward way to put that. But in iCarly - a show about teenagers 3 years younger than I am - Sam (the crazy, bully-esque girl) spread to the entire world of iCarly viewers that Freddie (the cute nerd) had never kissed a girl before. The entire school went bonkers! He was picked on everywhere he went! The point is, these kids are supposedly freshman and they are accurately showing our society as a whole. The unexperienced ones are the lepers! Haven't kissed? FOR SHAME! Haven't had a boy/girlfriend? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?! Haven't had sex? WHAT THE CRAP?! ARE YOU NORMAL?! Why can't we all just chill out and wait for relationships we're ready for? I mean, I'm not saying my relationship is perfect on any account, but I know that it began because God wanted it to. Why do we meddle with things that will only hurt us and bring us to a world of regret later on? Oh, silly people. Well, unfortunately, instead of ending the show with a noble message about how waiting for someone special wasn't awful, they still made Freddie out to look like a freak until it turned out Sam had never kissed a boy! Well well well! How the lip-locking tables have turned! THESE CHILDREN ARE 15, MIND YOU! So then they decided just to get it over with and kiss one another so they can both say they've had their first kiss. WHOA there! Why aren't things like that cherished? Why are we so willing to let something so precious, even something as small as a kiss, be trampled on by every bad thing in our society?

Silly kids, kisses aren't to be messed with!
hmm,
E.

No comments:

Post a Comment