First off, let me begin by saying how amazing my God is. He loves me more than anyone can or will EVER love me and I am so completely undeserving.
This weekend was our spring retreat, The Remedy, and I learned quite possibly more this weekend than I have over the span of a few months. Honestly, I am shocked by this because I felt the entire weekend that I couldn't really focus on anything, especially God. I mean, it's not that I didn't want to, I just had 4billion responsibilities this weekend along with my personal attendance. Also, I haven't had much sleep lately and it's beginning to eat me from the inside out. I'm grouchy, lethargic, apathetic, etc.
Anyway, I met an awesome guy this weekend. His name is Luke Johnson. He was our speaker and I am very appreciative that he came. His speaking was wonderful. Anyway, he (and James in our house) mentioned this video by Penn (of Penn and Teller) about how he believes, even though he is an athiest, that people who believe in something need to tell others. If you believe there is a God and Heaven exists, along with Hell, and you don't share that with someone, how much do you have to hate them? How much do you have to hate someone to let them burn eternally? Those words will stick with me for the rest of my life. They were so impactful.
I actually found the video and watched it for myself. For those who would like to see it as well, here it is...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JHS8adO3hM. Here is a man that doesn't know God, yet he has the point. He may not know how dead on he is, but I am touched. How is this man, who doesn't even believe in God, have more insight to how things should be?
Also, I feel like God may be calling me to more than just "working" with youth and girls in a church...I feel like He may want me to teach/speak! Which is CRAZY because on those "spiritual gifts tests" I always score low on teaching and highest on service, but lately He has given me so much to say about Him and so much I want to share with others. I believe He has given me this gift of communication as well. I am not one that has difficulty conversing with others - especially strangers. I LOVE talking to people! I love engaging in conversation :) I feel like He really wants me to use this more from here on. Let's see where He takes me :D
please pray for me as I figure out exactly how God wishes to use me. I'm very excited!
Thanks for reading :D
E.
that video is great.
ReplyDeletethanks for sharing it