Saturday, January 23, 2010

AMAZING weekend!

and it's not even over! Though I don't expect anything great out of Sunday, considering I have to write a research paper all day tomorrow. I'll probably write it over Hamlet (cause we can write it over anything in our book and I know that story better).

Anyway, so Friday, my new friend Zach came back to my room after dinner and watched The Prestige. It was probably the billionth time I've seen it, but it was the first time he had seen it. Now, before any of you ask, it wasn't like a date or anything. I just met him Sunday, and we found out that we both love movies! It was fun. Then Allison, Alyson and Rachel joined us :) t'was fun.

Saturday, Rachel, Zach and I went to lunch, then we set out for the awesome city of Ft Worth. We went to the Kimbell, which is one of my favorite art museums EVER! Then, we went to the Ft Worth Water Gardens, which was SO much fun! Then we drove around for at least 30 minutes looking for a parking spot, but all the parking meters kept saying "off." We couldn't find one that would work! Then, when we were walking to Starbucks, we saw all these cars parked next to "off" parking meters and we started getting mad...cause we had parked about a mile from SB. So a security guard passed us on a bike and I said, "excuse me, but can you tell me why these parking meters say off? He said, "oh, parking downtown is free on weekends. WOW.

Later that night, I went to the International Welcome Party for work, which was SOOO fun! I got to see a lot of my Korean and Vietnamese friends, as well as get to know a few of my coworkers better. I talked to Kavita and Julia a lot. Kavita is from Nepal, and she'll super sweet. Julia is also super sweet, but she's from China. I also got a picture with my Korean friend, Hannah (Hye-min Youn). Made me happy :) AND I talked to one of my MK (missionary kid) friends, Rebecca, who has lived in Taiwan for the past 7 years. She is probably going to take Chinese with me in the fall! She's also going to help me learn it :)
OH, I guess I forgot to tell you guys that! I decided that since I would never be able to use the Greek taught at my school, I'm going to take Chinese for my 4 semesters of a foreign language :):):) ALSO, I might get to go to CHINA over Summer!!! FOR FREE! I found this program with my school that I only have to pay 3hrs of tuition (which I need for a credit anyway) and then this company will pay for me to go to China for 3-5 weeks to teach English! They pay for the plane tickets, room and board, and all of the weekend trips they take you to (like to the Great Wall!). All you have to pay  is for spending money :) oh, and a $300 deposit. But still, $300 to go to China is NOTHING. I'm psyched.
So pray that I get chosen once I submit an application!


Anyway, I LOVE my job :)

2 comments:

  1. I've been blogging more than you lately. What's up with that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. well I work 32hrs a week (40 this week) and go to class 15hrs a week...so I don't have time.

    Also, I didn't want to blog until the giveaway so people could see it.

    ReplyDelete