So today my parents came to Dallas for a few hours to hang out for my birthday, which was wonderful, but then I was told something that REALLY bothered me. Okay, bear with me...because I'm pretty sure there'll be a few times when you think I'm a stupid, spoiled girl while reading this.
So we're driving along earlier and my mom is all, "well you're going to have to start paying part of tuition soon" and I'm just like, "WHAT?!?!?"
Here's why I'm really upset about it:
- I AM helping with tuition!!! I work my BUTT off 30hrs a week to reduce my tuition by 50%. With all of my scholarships, we only pay about 15% of my tuition...
- NONE of my sibling have ever had to help with tuition. There was a point in time when they stopped paying for my brothers (for like a semester) but that was because he has been in college since fall 06, and is just now a junior (barely)...
- I'm doing very well right now. I made the dean's list, I have an amazing job, and I NEVER ask them for a penny
- we have loans...and while I am fully aware I will have to pay them back eventually, they are there...
I'm just sooo upset because I am seriously exhausted emotionally, physically and mentally because I work 32hrs a week, I go to class 15hrs a week and I get off work every day at 6...which means I have very little time to get things done, and as a result I get very little sleep.
I know I sound super spoiled, but I feel like I am helping them out and I work very hard for the money I get paid.
I just need to pray about this. I'm just so drained.
No comments:
Post a Comment