It feels like I haven't written in forever! I guess that's what happens when you go from once a day to once every week. I like how I say that and, in reality, I just wrote on the 8th. Oh well :)
In my defense, these past 3 weeks have felt like 3 months to me.
This past week has been interesting.
Work has still been great, but I've been exhausted!
Monday I got the lovely task of calling 40 something international students and telling them that they aren't registered for enough hours during the semester. When you're an international student on a student visa, you have to be in 12hrs if you're undergrad and 9 if you're a grad student because you have to be full time.
Anyway, so I'm calling them all and I get to this one Chinese student...
Side note: I have to look in this program called Datatel to find their phone numbers. To get to that, I have to search their name and pick a specific address from all of the ones they've ever had in America as well as their address in their home country.
So I get this chinese student, and I go to find their address, and I thought I had chosen the only one with "current" beside it, but apparently I chose his address in China...
So I realize that it's a foreign number because it has 11 digits, but I figured that it was his cell phone or something. So I call him and say, "Mr. (insert common chinese name here), this is Erin calling from DBU international admissions. I was just calling to let you know that you are only registered for 10 hours and you need 12." and he says, "uhh, maybe not?" in very broken english...so after trying for several minutes to explain what I needed to him, I hand the phone to Hansen so he can talk to him in chinese. After about 5 minutes, Hansen hits me! When he got off the phone he was like, "you call him in CHINA! you call his family! he is here! it 1am in china!!!" hahahahah. oops.
Calling all the other people was stressful, too. There were only 3 or so that didn't argue with me. Sigh.
The rest of the week has been good, but tiring. The other day I got Buchujeon from a bunch of Korean women in the kitchen the other day :) which is a Korean "pancake." It's kind of like a crepe/omlette. SO GOOD! and I got this Cantonese noodle soup :) also very good! I love my office.
Saturday will be fun, too :) I'm working all day, but here's what's going down:
I'm getting PAID to spend all day downtown at the art museum with 20ish international students. Little did they know, I would have gone for free :)
Because of that, my boss wanted me to take a day off another day this week. I was going to take Thursday off, but then I ended up feeling really bad Tuesday night after eating some questionable sushi. Unfortunately, I think I might have already been developing a cold before that and the sushi was just the icing on the fishy cake. So I took Wednesday off and slept until 2. Then, I got up, got mail, had a bite to eat with Regan, and went to class. I left class 2hrs early, though.
AND I got a 92 on my first official college english paper :D
I got out of 1301 with AP scores.
Anyway, I'm done ranting.
Goodnight!
p.s. I totally understand Molly's dry skin issue. I'm not developing a rash or anything, but it's gross!
No comments:
Post a Comment