I'm at work right now, but shhhhh, don't tell! I don't have anything to do right now because the girl that trains me isn't coming in until 9 all this week and I come in at 8. I wish I had files to start processing, but I did all of the other ones too quickly :( and now I'm bored. I'm also quite exhausted. I think I've gotten a nice total of 12-15hrs since Saturday. It has finally caught up with me. So right now I'm sitting here listening to the Phil Wickham station on Pandora radio and drinking hot tea. That's one thing I love about the int'l office. We ALWAYS have coffee or boiling water for tea. They have these 2 massive water boilers from either Japan or China and they keep like 2qts or more of 195degree water at any given time. This is where I belong, hahaha. Today our boss let us wear jeans because it's New Year's Eve (even though I don't acknowledge this day as an 'eve' until sundown, haha) and we aren't too busy, so it's not like anyone important will see our informal attire. Basically, I'm excited, haha. I was tired of slacks for this week. I guess I'll have to get used to that one. I need to go buy more business casual clothes when I get paid. If I have to dress up 5/7 days a week I'm going to need to have the means.
OH! The world redeemed itself for a moment yesterday! I accidentally left my ring (the James Avery cross one I got for free because Zach found it in the school sophomore year) in the dressing room at Kohls Tuesday and I was SO bummed out! So I called them at 7am Wednesday and they told me if they found it they would call me. Well around 3pm, they still hadn't called, so I called back and the woman didn't sound like it was going to happen. So I simply accepted that it was my fault, told her if it wasn't in by now it probably wouldn't be and that was that. Then, she asked me to describe it and said the word "cross" at the same time as me. THEN she said it was there, but she had overlooked it at the beginning of the conversation! I almost fell out of my chair. I thought for sure it was lost forever! YAAAAAY! So I went and picked it up!
Yesterday was so chaotic for me! I went to work from 8-5 (except I got off at 4 instead because I didn't take lunch and I asked my boss hah) and then I went to class from 5:30-10. I LOVE my english class. I'm the youngest one there (hmm, this seems to be a recurring theme as of late) and there are only 3 other students that are even close to my age. The rest of them either have children and/or grandchildren haha. It's ridic (hah, molly). I had been really worried that my teacher was going to be really intense and hard because her syllabus is kind of intense. It's filled with bold statements and things like "I reserve the right to lower your grade if...." So I was a bit frightened, but she's actually super nice and funny. She's very cool. She's like a sweet, normal, less-psycho version of Mrs. Stelly, my junior year eng teacher. Also, the class is like English for Dummies. It's the easiest thing ever. She keeps going over literary terms I learned in 6th grade or so. And when she gives us writing assignments, it'll only be one paragraph or so. I love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment