So here's what's going down:
- I used a new body wash that I'm apparently really allergic to :( and because it was body wash, it soaked into my pores because of the warm water and I've been having reactions to it for the past 2 weeksish... it's AWFUL! I should have gone to the doctor a week ago, but meh.
- my laptop has OFFICIALLY crapped out on me :( after getting the motherboard replaced for the SECOND time in 2 months, it started randomly shutting off, so I called Dell (about 5 times over the weekend, mind you) and they FINALLY agreed to send me a new one. Actually, they didn't even really agree until my dad called and yelled at them, haha. So now they're sending me a brand new computer :) and since they don't make my model anymore, it'll be a huge upgrade :) heehee
- I also had a research paper due this weekend...GAH
- Classes:
- New Testament: I only have this class once a week, and then we have 2 online sessions a week. My professor is really awesome, also :)
- Biology: I like this professor a lot, too! She was wearing an EVENSTAR the other day! haha. She asked if anyone had questions, and I raised my hand and said, "this has nothing to do with biology, but are you wearing an Evenstar?" hahah. She just chuckled and said yeah. It was AWESOME. I knew I liked her.
- History: I have the same professor as last semester (whom I love), except this semester it ISN'T at 8am. Awesome.
- Bio Lab: I haven't met the professor for this yet, but I'm in there with a bunch of friends and it seems pretty easy so far.
- Christian Leadership: I was really dreading this class, as I don't get credit for it, but it still takes 2hrs out of my week, but I actually love it. The professor is a genius, and he loves the Lord, which is definitely awesome. He actually co-wrote the book for that class. It's so good that it's in its 10th publication! It's called "This Was Your Life," and it's something you all should read!
- Developing a Christian Mind: I only have this class once a week, and we meet online once. I like the professor thus far, but I know the course is going to kick my butt. It has TONS of reading, and lots of papers...meh. I know it'll be hard, but I also know that almost everyone leaves that class having loved it. Whew. I'm still a little scared.
So those are my classes :) and I like them for the most part. Every moment I'm not in one of them I'm at work...whoa.
So today work was a little bazerk. (bahahah, rhyme.)
I had to call about 50 international students to let them know they aren't in enough hours for the semester (because they have to be full time students to stay in status with the government). You wouldn't believe how angry people get when you tell them they are wrong...especially when that person is difficult for you to understand (that person being me...though I couldn't understand them either). Anyway, a bunch of them yelled at me, but a few were very kind and simply said "okay," or explained their situation. It later led to a conversation I had with my boss about how I didn't understand why these people were yelling at me, when my #1 goal is to help them stay in the country.
So many people don't realize that things like that burn bridges.
The Golden Rule is important, folks!
No comments:
Post a Comment