Friday, January 15, 2010

If I Had a Million Dollars

Unfortunately, the title has little to do with what I want to talk about, haha. Typical.

I decided today that if I could meet any two people, I would choose Julie Andrews and Craig Ferguson.
Some of you might not be able to understand the last one, but it's true, haha.

I was looking around on IMDB today (as I usually am) and I found out that Julie Andrews used to have a 4 octave, perfect pitch voice, but she had a vocal nodule procedure done in 1984 (I think) and the doctor botched it and she can barely sing now. Apparently the song in Princess Diaries 2 was the first time she sang on camera -or in public - since. I kept reading, though, and it said she nailed it (it being the PD2 song) on the first try and everyone on set started bawling. I can't imagine having a voice like that and it all being gone so quickly. Isn't that horrid? It said she went through a lot of therapy for the trauma it caused. Also, she got 21million or so out of the settlement, haha. Go Julie!

and Craig Ferguson may be a mildly vulgar talk show host, but he's real. He tells it how it is, and he says whatever is on his mind! It's hilarious! He's also very kind and genuine to his guests. I know this may not be really important, or even worth mentioning to some, but I really like him. I just want to meet him someday. Maybe he's only nice to gorgeous celebrities, but I'd still like to see for myself, haha.
One day I WILL go to a taping of one of his shows. If ever I go to California, you can bet that's where I'll be!

I guess I should go to bed now.

Note: I chose the Eiffel Tower clock for my giveaway. That should come soon, I suppose :)

1 comment:

  1. Actually, Julie Andrews' botched vocal surgery happened in 1997 after her long run on Broadway of the stage version of Victor/Victora. She's made quite a bit of headway repairing her voice in the past 10+ years (although it's nowhere near where it once was). She'll be performing a concert in London this May! I'm sure you may have seen it, but Julie was on Craig's late night show last night: http://bit.ly/4Kw3H8. Obviously I share your admiration of Dame Julie! :)

    ReplyDelete