Friday, January 8, 2010

snobbery.

So I've recently discovered that I have officially become a "coffee snob." I don't like drinking the coffee at work because it's folgers, haha. For some reason I've developed a prejudice against folgers.
One thing I love about my work is we have coffee/boiling water available all day, every day. So I started bringing my coffee press with me :)

I have this one coworker, Luiz, who is from Brazil, and he is HILARIOUS! He doesn't speak very good english, but he speaks it well enough that I can usually understand him. It took him about 10 minutes to figure out how to say my name. I'm still not sure if he knows it, though, because he usually calls me "girl." Like, "take care, girl." But it usually come out with 4 extra syllables. Like, 'geerel.' He calls almost all females that, though. I think it's so he doesn't butcher their names. Anyway, the other day we got to talking about coffee and I was talking about some different kinds I had and such and when I mentioned the Starbucks Christmas Blend, he had never heard of it, so yesterday I brought it and made some :) After I got some, I took the rest to him and let him have a cup. He really liked it! And being latin, he felt obligated to reciprocate in some way. So today he brought me a package of coffee from Brazil!!! I'm so excited :)
he warned me not to use too much at one time, though, because it's their "premium" coffee, which means that it's SUPER strong. haha

Another thing I love is the fact that I have immediate access to tea from sooooo many different countries. Today I had chai tea from Nepal (which is definitely one of my favorites), random tea from Korea, I think, and Oolong tea from China. I wasn't too crazy about the last one, though. I drink SO much tea a day, hahah. Tis gooooood.


Well, that's pretty much all I have to say.
OH, wait, I have something else, but I'll post in a new blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment