I started my new job today :):):)
AND I found out today that I officially got the biggest student job in the International Admissions office :)
which means I for sure get the tuition remission :D (apparently there was a 50/50 chance I would have this job...there's one that they're trying to fill as well that's below me)
So today made my head hurt. I got in at 8 and talked to my boss, Randy, where he had me fill out some paperwork, then he sent me up hill to run around to a bunch of other offices to finish MORE paperwork for employment. I was SO glad I decided to take my car to work!!! Especially since it was 8:30am and about 35degrees outside. Score.
So then I met all the people in my office! I'm the only American student, haha. Well, kind of. There's one more American girl, but all of her family is from Mexico, haha. My two bosses are also American, but that's cause they have to be. All people in a DSO (designated student offices...aka my job) position have to be American citizens because we handle immigration papers. Anyway, my office does 2 things: Immigration and Admissions. My job is to know how to do both. Basically, I'm the youngest one in the office, but I also have the most responsibility, haha. I'm the only one (other than the 2 bosses) that has to know both :) woot!
Here are some people I met:
Tabitha: she's the immigration lady, haha. She's the one whose family is from Mexico. She's really sweet and speaks ENGLISH! haha without an accent, that is. I feel so dumb in that office sometimes because people are so hard to understand.
Daigo: he's so funny. He's half Japanese and half Brazilian...odd mix. He's really cool, though. He's in charge of admissions for countries that we don't have specific people for. Like, we have some people that only work with specific countries...and Daigo handles every other countries.
Anna: she's super sweet. She's in charge of admissions for Korea. She eats bananas all the time haha. I mention that because I never notice and suddenly I smell banana. When I turn around she'll be all nana munchin'.
Hanson: he's hilarious, haha. He's in charge of admissions in China.
Moses: he doesn't talk much, but he's in charge of admissions in Nepal and India.
Louis: I don't remember what his job is because he doesn't work in my office, but he is from Brazil. He's really funny. Today I spent about 5 minutes trying to teach him how to say my name, haha.
Those are the people I hung out with for a good 8hrs today. That was bueno.
Whew, crazy day.
No comments:
Post a Comment