I just have to share how God is rocking my world right now. He has proven Himself over and over again. I'm so amazed.
Remember that job I won't shut up about?
Well, it's gotten more insane. I can trace back ways God has opened this up SO far! I hadn't even realized how insane it was until I started thinking. It's amazing. It just brings me to tears.
Check it out:
1. I've been hunting for a job since before school even started. I knew about "tuition remission jobs" but I knew they were SO hard to come by, as there are only about 15 on campus and everyone wants one! Bottom line, I just wanted A job...I wasn't expecting anything higher than a minimum wage job somewhere.
2. my mom called me and told me we can't pay for DBU after this year. I started praying and asking God to take away my stress and worry (and He did). I couldn't help wondering what He had planned. I asked Him over and over again why He brought me here if He only wanted me to stay a year. What have I done that has made this plan complete? I don't feel finished here. I asked Him to simply open doors for me to stay if I was supposed to. I have been oddly (by the grace of God) calm about all of this. He is amazing!
3. I applied at Spiritual Life for a job that THEY contacted ME about and got turned down, but I continued to pray. At this point I was just looking for something so I could help my parents with the burden of tuition. So then I applied at Starbucks. I took my application in on a TUESDAY, where I was informed the manager only looked at applications on Mondays...
so I go back the next Thursday, thinking she has had a chance to look over my application, but I find out that she only went in for a few hours on Monday, didn't look at a single application, and left for a 4-week medical leave. I took the hint that that door had been shut on me as well. So my hunt continued.
4. I had $20 in my bank account and I desperately needed gas to be able to get to church to work. I decided to put $8 in my tank so I could get there and back Wednesday and Sunday. That's about all I would be able to do with that much gas. So it gets to 7.46 (I remember those were the exact numbers) and I stopped it instead of slowing it down. Before I kept going, I just sat there staring at the numbers, wondering why there was another decimal place after the 6. I had never noticed that before, and it made me wonder where they got that random number from. Guess what? I had been looking at the gallons, not price. I've NEVER done that before!!! Even when I don't pay for my own gas, I still look at the price...
I put $19.96 in my gas tank. I had 3/4 of a tank now...awesome, haha. I felt SO dumb.
5. 2 weeks later, I was taking 3 friends to church with me, but at the last minute one of them bailed, so I was only taking 2. Right before I walked out the door, I got a call asking if I could take 2 other girls that were in the coed. Seeing how I had 4 open seats in my car and only 2 bottoms to fill them, it was the perfect amount! So we go to church and come back, and one girl, Elise, started talking about how she's loved her time at DBU, but she knows the Lord is leading her back home after a year and a half. Since I had been feeling the same way (out of confusion) I asked her if she was sure and she was. She said the only thing she was really bummed about was leaving her great job because they really needed someone. I was interested, haha. So I was like, "reeeeeally? you have a job on campus? I want it!" so we talk for about 5 minutes and I find out it's a tuition remission job...which means your tuition is reduced by 50% simply by holding this position. I almost fell over. So she agreed to meet with me over lunch to tell me about it! We meet and talk and after getting to know me better, she tells me she thinks I'm perfect for the job. Truthfully, might I add. I was floating!!!
6. After talking a bit more, Elise starts telling me that she only got the job because of a man named Bobby Soto, who is the director of admissions for DBU. She told me about how she had applied for a job with him, but the position was filled. Then she said that he just felt like he needed to recommend to the International Office that she get this other job. He felt like it was what the Lord wanted him to do, so he did. She got it because of him. Well, I mean, there were obviously other factors, but it definitely helped, haha. Get this: the ONLY reason I know Bobby Soto is because I was signed up for Skyla Alvarado's Foundations class (which is this stupid class all freshman are required to take) and they cancelled her section last minute, so I was put in HIS class. HE WAS MY PROFESSOR! So I, in turn, also asked him for a recommendation and he said he would put in a good word for me!!! AHHHHH!!!
7. I'm taking a winter term. I've been planning on it for quite some time, and this particular class requires me to be on campus all winter. Because of this, it increases my chances by a lot because Elise will be here over winter to train me (if I got the job), and they need someone to take over as soon as the new semester begins because Elise will be gone.
I am floored. The Lord has been faithful to provide!
I feel extremely confident about this job, since it seems so perfect, but I'm trying to not get ahead of myself. I feel like the Lord is giving this to me, but I'm trying to be calm and not presumptuous. I've been praying that I can still praise Him even if I don't get it. I need to remember to give Him glory for simply setting this up! He has amazed me, and I am so thankful!!! I feel very at peace about this. I know it'll work out how He wants it to :)
please be praying about this! I have an interview tomorrow at 1pm!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment