NO. I take it back. I learned how to say at least 5 words tonight at dinner because I sat with about 10 chinese kids who spoke chinese the whole time hahah. They taught me how to say a bunch of words, but I only retained about 5 of them hahah. I SHALL LEARN! That's my new goal. I'm learning some chinese and she's going to learn some english :) Sigh.
She's really sweet. Today when we were putting our trays up she linked arms with me on our way back to the table, haha. I'm so excited! It's kind of discouraging because of the language barrier, but we're both learning!
I did, however, notice a Buddha necklace that she was wearing, so hopefully at some point I can get around to asking her what she believes and perhaps I can share Christ with her. I pray the language barrier won't be too much of a challenge. Either way, I know I met her for a reason, and I'm so excited to find out what that reason may be!
Yay!
Please be praying for mine and Angela's friendship :)
Thanks,
God Bless!
I'll definitely be praying for you and Angela's friendship. You never know, maybe God is giving you a "new mission field" in this friendship.
ReplyDeleteJust remember that in Christ and with Christ working through you, He can do great things, but apart from the "True Vine", you can do nothing.
Don't be discouraged when times present themselves with a way that may justify you being that way. God is sovereign and He is our hope - there is no reason to have a defeated attitude when we are free in Christ.
My blessings are with you brother.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sahring.
ovely blog.