Sunday, September 20, 2009

Walk By Faith

God is so real for me, especially now.

He has revealed Himself in everything. How could I not be moved?! He has given me such understanding of the past few years. Even tonight, I had a conversation that made me feel a little crazy, and I was WAY apprehensive about having it in the first place, but He has given me such peace that I know it was right. He is moving. He is HERE.

I just finished the book of James, and it spoke to me so much.
James 5:13-18

The Prayer of Faith

13 Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing praise. 14 Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.16 Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working. 17 Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed fervently that it might not rain, and for three years and six months it did not rain on the earth. 18 Then he prayed again, and heaven gave rain, and the earth bore its fruit.


Agh, my God is SO good. He has done so many things in my life just in these past few months! I mean, not that He wasn't moving before now, but my eyes were never open to see the beauty of His precious work! I'm so excited!


Lord, I pray I never lose the wonder of Your precious love. God, keep me close by Your side and continue to teach me how to be like Your perfect Son. I long for the day I can walk with You, away from this world. Thank You for Your love. Thank You for Your Son. I'm so far from worthy. Lord, thank You for moving. Thank You for Your peace. God, I pray You help me arrive back safely to school and that You watch over everyone else traveling this weekend. Help me to find my strength in You alone. Thank You, Lord. I love you.
In Your Son's most precious name, Amen.

1 comment:

  1. It's so encouraging to see your flame Erin. Don't lose that. It is amazing to see when God moves in our lives. I know since I've come to DBU, God has shown me SO much. Just keep focusing on Him and keep hold to His truths - that you are beautiful in the eyes of the Lord and He loves you more abundantly than you could imagine.

    It's been a blessing to get to know you and I am eager to grow in our friendship and to see what God has for our lives.

    ReplyDelete