Sunday, September 27, 2009

Happenings.

Today has been interesting. I got back from the all night party around 4:45 and decided that I needed to get stuff done, considering I'd probably sleep all day Saturday. So I started (and finished) all of my laundry and got a lot of reading done for Old Testament and ICM (Intro to Christian Ministry) and finally went to bed at 7:45am. People tell me I'm crazy. Off subject, kind of, but I LOVE the book of Genesis. It's such a soap opera. For realz. I'm really enjoying reading it! I have my first test in OTS on Thursday! I'm scared/excited haha.

:D heehee.

Anyway, so then I slept until 4:45...8 hours on the dot. My sleep patterns are funky. So I wake up, go eat dinner with Michella and then went back to my room. Allison came home soon after :D. So we hung out for a while and then went to walmart, panda express and starbucks. When we came back we ate our food and watched The Little Mermaid, hahah. Around 1am, when I SHOULD have been getting in bed, I got this awful, twisted, anxious feeling that made it feel like I was being held against a wall by my sternum. It was awful. I don't even know what caused it! So I went and just talked to my RA and she brought me back to my room and we sat in my closet and she prayed over me. It was great. Almost as soon as she began, I suddenly felt a drip on our clasped hands. I was crying. I don't even know why, but then more and more fell. It was extremely moving. When we finished praying and talking for a bit, she went back to her room and I went back inside my room only to find that Allison was laying there still awake as well, haha. At first I thought she was kept awake by Kailea and I, but she blamed Starbucks. So I went to take a shower to try and calm myself down and just to have some alone, intimate time with God. I took a really long, hot shower and just sat and prayed. The most wonderful feeling flooded my heart. I've never felt so connected with Him or as dependent as I have tonight.

When I got back from my shower, Allison was still sitting there wide awake. She finally decided around 2:30 that she would go to sleep, so to help her I turned on some orchestral music...and it worked! haha. What can I say? So now my dear roommate is sleeping. Precisely what I should be doing.


Oh, God is good!

Things to pray about:
  • the job I'm applying for!
  • 3 tests and 2 papers this week!
  • driving home Thursday night.
  • strength.
  • potential mission to Africa!
With Love,
Erin.

No comments:

Post a Comment