I hope I don't miss anything!
For the rest of this semester (maybe the whole year) I'll be working - volunteering, rather - at The Dallas Life Foundation, which is a homeless shelter here in Dallas. I'll be serving meals Mondays and Thursdays and babysitting on Tuesdays while their moms take showers.
Also, I found out today that I actually got a conversation partner as well, though they told me a week ago they didn't have a partner for me so I found a different service project! Nevertheless, I decided to do both. I'll just have like triple the amount of service hours required. A conversation partner is where you are paired up with an international student (cause we have a TON of those around here) and you simply hang out with them 6hrs every month and help them get to know people, places and english. It's a great opportunity! My partner's name is Angela...except that's just a nickname. I can't spell or pronounce her real name...I could go find it, but I'm too lazy. I'll let you know when I meet her!
I feel like God is trying to fulfill a promise He made me a long time ago right now...I'm really eager to find out what's gonna happen! Who knows. It's definitely all in His perfect time, and I'm fine either way. Praise God!
No comments:
Post a Comment