Saturday, October 10, 2009

Strange day to end a strange week.

This week has been so obnoxiously chaotic, but also lovely.

I've slept a whole lot, had more sushi than I've had in my whole life (seriously, LOTS of sushi this week) I've spent tons of time with friends and haven't had really anything home cooked, haha. That's kind of ironic for me because most college students go home for home cooked food! I actually had home cooked food, but not from my home...haha.

So my dad had his procedure yesterday. I was in a cloud of anxiety all day. Apparently he had 3 significantly clogged arteries (out of 4! NO BUENO). They said he should have been in tons of pain all the time, but because of his diabetes he couldn't feel it! Apparently diabetes messes up your nerves and so the pain was there, but the nerves weren't sending signals. I haven't quite decided whether or not I see that as a good or bad thing yet. Anyway, they got in there and saw it was so bad that they stopped and asked him (because it was a procedure where he stayed awake) if he wanted open heart surgery right then and there, but he said no because the recovery is so long and he needs to get back to work. So they put a stint in the one with 90% blockage. A stint is kind of like a pipe that goes in to make the artery stay open so the nasty can get out. Now he has to go back in 2-3 weeks to get the last 2 done...whew. So stints work for a while, but he WILL eventually need open heart surgery, but not until he's like 80 because OHS only works for about 10 years and then (if he had it done at a younger age) he would need it again. As long as it keeps him around, I'm just fine. Praise the Lord everything went just fine and he's recovering right now. Thanks for the prayer! It totally helped.


I'm driving home tomorrow. Oddly enough, I feel strange about it. I want to be back at school, yes, but I feel like I haven't done anything while I've been here and I want more time. I want to spend a bunch of time with friends and I want to have more one on one time with my mom (shocker;)).

I just feel strange.
I've had this weird, anxious feeling all week.
Like someone is sitting on my chest and I can't breathe.
Like butterflies have gotten caught in my chest when they should be in my stomach.


We'll see how things go tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment