Saturday, October 31, 2009

Fort Worth

OH MY GOODNESS. I went to the coolest place I've ever been tonight! It's called the Ft. Worth Water Garden and it's absolutely amazing!!! I have to take some of you there some time. It pretty much rocked my socks. I want to go back sometime at sunset!!! Gah. It was awesome.

To back it up a little bit:

Tonight I went to Ft Worth with some friends so we could go to the Kimbell Art Museum, which is definitely one of the best museums ever. It's FREE, for one...something that definitely catches my attention nowadays. Anyway, we went so we could see the recently acquired Michelangelo painting! This painting is amazing because it is the earliest known painting of his, and he wasn't really a painter in the first place, so any of his paintings are EXTREMELY rare and one of those things you must see! This museum is neat because it only has 300 pieces. It will never have more or less. They do this because they want it to be sort of a "jewelry box" of the most exquisite paintings and sculptures. Whenever they get a piece that is considered more rare or valuable, they sell off a "lesser" piece. Some people don't like that they do that, but I love it. It keeps things exciting! Anyway, some of my favorite paintings in the world are housed in this museum :) I love the art scene around Dallas. It's pretty legit! Downtown Dallas has soo many art museums and such. Its art district rocks!

I've officially decided on a major :) I mean, I was pretty confident about Christian Studies, but then I was going to switch to Biblical Studies because BS is more worldly and mission-oriented than CS. CS is mostly for people that want to be a pastor or something like that in the US.
SO I was going to do an art minor, but then I discovered an "Interdisciplinary Degree!" That means I can basically double major, but not really. It's kind of like intertwining Biblical Studies and Art. I'm pretty excited about it! It will really come in handy if I do something after missions, esp. in the art world.

OH, and the worst part of tonight: there were some idiot girls at the Kimbell in Halloween costumes...which wouldn't have been too bad if they weren't skank nasty. One of them was Lady Gaga, and I definitely saw WAY too much butt. it was NASTY.


Now I'm just watching movies and relaxing in my room with Rachel :)
Since Allison is gone this weekend, I'm watching all the movies she hates haha

OH and I rearranged my room!!! It looks AMAZING!!!
I'll post pictures on fb later.

No comments:

Post a Comment