Saturday, October 24, 2009

This is [my] Life.

Am I who I want to be?


So this week has been insane. I've been sick most of the week (and last week) and it's killing me! I finally got a diagnosis, though. Apparently I have an Upper Respiratory Infection (URI) and laryngitis. Sound like fun? It is not. It wasn't that bad until today. Yesterday kind of sucked just because I had a sore throat most of the day (and by yesterday I mean Thursday), but today has been ridiculous. I got up, went to class, came back and felt fine. It was actually extremely refreshing. By the time chapel came around I was feeling kind of wheezy and like my lungs were really thick. It was no bueno. So I went back to the nurse - which they moved to the bottom of a huge freaking hill!!!! - and she said I had all the symptoms of mono now and needed to go back to the doctor since the last one didn't freaking test for mono. Idiots. So I try to find a good doctor around here and I finally found a great one that was recommended to me, but they didn't have any more friday appointments and couldn't see me until monday. fantastic. I needed a doctor FRIDAY. So I suck it up and go to Care Now, which is a different facility than the one I went to last week in hopes that I would find competence. Competence has a price, my friends. Since this place was an "urgent care facility" the copay was $40!!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!?! There was nothing urgent about that visit! I was there 3 hours! So I get back there and the nurse comes in, checks me out and isn't sure. Then she tries to tell me that the rash-like bumps I had last week were a strand of chicken pox (no, not shingles. All clear for shingles.)...
Anyway, so then they do the mono test, which simply required a finger slice and a nice lady squeezing blood from my finger. Lovely. I actually don't mind. People think I'm weird 'cause I like having my blood taken, haha. I'm like a reverse vampire. HAH, TAKE THAT, TWILIGHT! hahahah. So then they have to do more blood work after the doctor - who had TERRIBLE bed-side manner - came in and chatted for a bit and decided to test for anemia. Well, the silly blood lady couldn't find a vein in my arms. It was weird. She tried both of my arms and even my hand, but for some reason she just couldn't find a vein that wasn't hidden. I've never had that much trouble before. Yes, my veins are kind of hard to see, but they can usually find them. Anyway, they get 2 more nurses in there to try and suck blood from me, but none of them can. Awesome. So then they stab another finger, but then the vial they were using wouldn't suck the blood up like it was supposed to, so they stabbed another finger after getting a new vial and tried again. I walked out of that place with WAY more holes that when I went in. Those silly girls stabbed me 7 times and they didn't even get much!!! LAME.

Anyway, we finished up there and went to get my antibiotic, which cost another $20 because he prescribed one that doesn't have a generic brand! So I've spent $80 on medical nonsense in the past week. Oh yay.

At least I finally know what's wrong!

Too bad the worst of it started tonight. My wheezing has gotten 10x worse, it hurts to breathe, and every time I try to sleep my nose decides it wants to be retarded and stop itself up. grrrr.
So I'm on sooo many medicines right now
good thing none of them are really working.
Hopefully I feel awesome tomorrow, 'cause Molly is coming and we're going to the symphony! She'll probably have to drive, though. I'm not supposed to drive on my medication, haha. Sorry, Molly! Driving in Dallas is no fun! I know how to navigate it well, though, so no big.

OH, and my dad (Steve) is having 2 more stints put in his heart Monday, so if you guys could just keep him and my family in your prayers, that would be great! Thanks!

And please pray that I get better soon
If I get worse, the school may kick me out until I'm better, but I can't go home because I CAN'T get Steve sick. He definitely doesn't need this in his condition. It's bad enough when you aren't a heart patient! Trust me!


I guess I'm going to try to sleep again.
Here goes nothin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment