Saturday, August 15, 2009

a clue to erin's new friends, haha

Most of my closer friends right now are from my art history class and they are WONDERFUL!

Here they are:

McKenzie - she's SUPER nice and sweet and just has a real passion for God and Africa :) She took a year off after high school and lived for 6 months in Uganda. HELLO, can we say NOT A COINCIDENCE?! Haha. She's from Fredricksburg (sp?) and her parents own a small, german restaurant there. I really love hanging out with her!

Haylie - She's this awesome girl that has like 40 pairs of TOMS, which is always amazing...and by 40 I really mean like 6, but still. I don't know a whole lot about her except that we both went crazy over a sketch of van Gogh's (that he later turned into a painting) in the DMA. It took me forever to learn her name. I always want to call her Hannah.

Carly - This girl is SO like me, but she is just hilarious. Seriously. But she loves Narnia AND loves movies just like me :) AND Friends! WIN! She's from Katy and is just really cool. She's so chill and sweet. She's kind of like DG in personality ;)

Luke - Luke is the guy everyone thinks is SO quiet, but he really isn't. This guy is SO funny!!! Once he gets to know you, the jokes just keep rolling. It's amazing. He is also obsessed with Friends! and has all 10 seasons! He has the most amazing laugh in the world, haha. Everyone in our class is constantly talking about how much we love his laugh (to him, of course). He wants to be an announcer for radio when he gets older, which is really cool.

Trey - this is the guy that messes with everyone. He is so sarcastic and we are very similar - which is probably why I couldn't stand him the first day or so, haha. Now that I know him he cracks me up. He's extremely honest and holds everything he knows with the strictest of confidentiality, which is really admirable. All around, he's a great guy. OH, and he works at six flags, so he can score me some tickets :D hahaha. I asked him that tonight on the way back from the play :)

Amanda - there's not much to say about her, other than the fact that she's really down to earth and really sweet. She's like 5'2'' and has a killer voice! It's very pure. She also got THE biggest dorm room there is...totally jealous. It has a full bathroom (opposed to communal) AND a separate room for desks. It's ridiculous. I walk in her room and become filled with envy ;) and her sense of style is awesome!

There are a few more, but these are the ones from my class that I've hung out with the most. They're really sweet.

I also have a few friends outside of that class, Morgan, Alex and Brittani - they're pretty cool, but I'm not sure if all of us are on the same page...


There's one boy I'm having THE hardest time being friends with. I know I'm supposed to love him, but he really drives me crazy. His name is JD and he's really awkward (more so than anyone I know) and has the maturity of a 6th grade boy...I kid you not. He throws napkins at people at lunch, he always wants a high 5, he always adds these random, always awkward things into every sentence anyone says, he's always hanging around and never knows when to walk away, etc. It's really sad, and I've tried SO hard to be nice and social, but he really just drives me bonkers. I'm not mean to him or anything, but I just smile when he talks or I drift into a new conversation . It's just hard to sit and talk to him...ugh. I've been praying for patience!


Then there's Chase, Brittney, Caroline, Spencer, Bryson, Telitha, Stephanie, Sasha, Glenn, Kendall, Johanna, Taylor, and Mallory

I love my new friends, but there's still tons of room for my friends back home. I love you guys

Hope you enjoyed this little rant about my amigos :)

No comments:

Post a Comment