Friday, August 7, 2009

I'm not dying! haha

So I've been really worried lately because I keep having these weird surges in my head that are kind of like what happen when you stand up too quickly, but they happen every few minutes and they're very disorienting...sometimes they even make me feel really sick. Well, I was googling results for weaning yourself off medicines (like Paxil, the one I was on) and I was reading how long most people weaned themselves off and someone mentioned "brain zaps." That sounded SO familiar, so I googled "brain zaps" and came to a wikipedia page about them. As it turns out, it's a withdrawal-like symptom and it's extremely frequent in people coming off an antidepressant/antianxiety medication - ESPECIALLY Paxil. Not that I literally thought I was dying or anything, but it was kind of freaking me out. I'm glad I finally know what is happening to me :)

This also happened about a month ago when I was taking myself off Paxil without doctor approval (btw, not recommended, haha). It freaked me out then, too.

Whew, glad I know :)
esp. before I leave!

So I started my new medicine, Zoloft, tonight :) Apparently it has a super high success rate, so I'm pretty excited! Now I need to sleep...which is surprising, considering I haven't been able to sleep until around 5:30am for the past week :/ I'm glad my body wants sleep this early! (hah, I like how 1am is early for me...)

moving day tomorrow!!!! bittersweet. Tonight at dinner my 7y/o nephew started bawling because he didn't want me to move :(:(:( I definitely started crying, too. I'm really upset about not being around while Eli grows up. Logan lived with me from the time he was 6months (when I moved in) until he was 3 years old, so I saw him grow up. I hope Eli and I are as close and Logan and I are. I love those kids so much. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment