But of course this is still me we're talking about, so it's still hard to be able to part (even temporarily) from certain things because my brain goes, "wait, I could use this someday..." haha. I'm such a terrible pack rat.
The other day Lauren and I sat at her piano and sang "For Good" from Wicked to each other. It was so depressing. We sounded great, though haha. I mean, I thought so anyway.
I started reading The Time Traveler's Wife yesterday after I finished East (great book). It's pretty good so far; definitely not a clean novel. It's so sad that love stories hardly come without sex anymore. Maybe that's why East was so wonderful - NO SEX. Perhaps that's why books like Emma, Pride and Prejudice, Jane Eyre, etc. have such fantastic, timeless love stories. Not to say books like The Notebook, Wicked, and the like aren't good, I'd just like to read a wonderful love story every now and again without them hoppin' into bed! It's terrible for the mind of our youth - even mine. Books are meant to paint pictures, but I don't want those pictures in my head.
Which brings me to my anger with Hollywood. Seriously!!! SERIOUSLY. I mean, COME ON! Almost every movie made has some kind of innuendo (or outuendo ;)) or steamy sex scene in it. I was watching The Incredibles today with my niece and nephew and it came to that part where Mrs. Incredible drags Mr. Incredible back in the door and starts making out. THE FREAKING INCREDIBLES. COME ON. Or take Happy Feet. SUPPOSED to be a kids' movie. There was more innuendo in that movie than most not kid friendly movies. Sigh
but I digress.
No comments:
Post a Comment