So today I was just laying around after class and couldn't remember when a bunch of us were leaving for the free Leeland concert that was at a chik-fil-a in Dallas, and suddenly everyone was going everywhere and leaving me with no ride :( so I catch my friend Jamie like right as she's leaving and I ride with her and Katie to the concert. Unfortunately, it was a really short concert and we got there late anyway, so we didn't get to hear a lot, but we met the guys and they were super sweet. They shook everyone's hands and asked for names and introduced themselves. It was awesome. So I got a cd and a free shirt with it (but a large shirt :( ) and we went and hung out in CFA as the band finished meeting people and rushing around to leave because they had to rush to their next gig in Waco. But the concert was AMAZING. Leeland, the lead singer, lead everyone in this amazingly touching prayer and had a beautiful invitation. A few people raised their hands to come to Christ, and I pray that was sincere. It was awesome. So then we're sitting in CFA and thinking about their next concert and how funny it would be if we followed them. Well, during this conversation we decided it would be REALLY awesome if we did, and that led to Jamie and I deciding we were going to do it! It was really exciting for Jamie because apparently she doesn't really do many spontaneous things. I informed her she would be broken of that if she hung around with me long enough ;). So we head back to the campus for a bit, borrow Katie's Nav system (Olga) and head off to Waco! We had like the exact time it took to drive to Waco until the concert started, hahah. Fortunately, we made it EXACTLY on time. Unfortunately, the Baylor coffee house (which everyone has informed me is NOT to be referred to as the coffee house...it's the Common Grounds...hah) was PACKED. Like, more than just a little...but I found an opening to hop up on a table, climb over a rail and stand on another table where there was a blank spot, haahaha. It was AWESOME. We were elevated enough to where we could see and we were out of the hot mess of human bodies. So the concert was amazing, except the stupid Baylor kids (no offense) wouldn't shut up. It was really rude. Everyone was talking while the band was praising God. I was getting angry. Anyway, after the concert they were really excited and REALLY surprised to see us again. It was funny. And the manager lady was so excited that we drove with them that she switched my shirt for a medium :D because they had different merch supplies for each venue. It's still too big, but now it's less too big ;). The guys were still really sweet and they totally remembered us! I was wearing the 09APUSH shirt -"Join or Die" - and Jack, the pianist, had commented on how much he liked it in Dallas, so I kind of stood out when he saw me later, hahaa. IT WAS A GREAT NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!! And Jamie and I got much closer! Woot!
I can't wait to go to their concert again in October in Arlington! heehee.
So we got back to the campus at like 12:15am and here I am. Woosh, busy day. My first class today was at 8am. Fortunately, tomorrow begins at 9:30am! YES.
With that, I will bid you adieu :)
Sorry I couldn't help you with the time between cities. But that's really exciting that you got to go to both! iTunes tells me that they released a new CD a few days ago. Also, I just want to inform you that you used the term "hot mess" in this post and it made me laugh. haha.
ReplyDeletehahahah good because I laughed when I wrote it :D
ReplyDeleteand I got their new cd :) it's the one that came with the free shirt! heehee